Appologies re Problems on Saturday with OS

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Being at the game i didn't know there had been a problem, and have not seen it mentioned on here, it does not surprise me a great deal tho, as the twice i have had to use player for commentary i had to listen to our opponents commentary.

http://www.swfc.co.u...2428655,00.html

Edited by intercity0wl

I know that it is upsetting to have live commentary problems on match day. However, the service is provided to Wednesday so not really their fault. As long as the providers get the problem sorted out then the Wednesday player remains a great deal.

I use it every day to update on news, interviews and above, get to watch all the match highlights and then the full games....the commentary is a must for us that can't get to games.

I know it is frustrating at times but overall, I believe it is, apart from the odd blip, excellent service and value for money

We should go it alone, make more money from it, have total control. Make it an app for all mobile platforms, Simples.

I'm fairly sure the club want to make it in house but the cost of covering away games is prohibitive. I'm also fairly sure one of the reasons for this is not enough subscribers.

Guest TonyOwl88

I thought it was high levels of traffic jamming the log-in function. Its happened a lot for me. Very irritating. Still, I don't know where I would be without that service.

I thought it was high levels of traffic jamming the log-in function. Its happened a lot for me. Very irritating. Still, I don't know where I would be without that service.

listening to it for free on radio sheffeild maybe? instead of having to pay for a service supposedly aimed at our club which we have to listen to reports and goal news from all the other local teams aswell, if you pay for something you should get it

We should go it alone, make more money from it, have total control. Make it an app for all mobile platforms, Simples.

Yes because the marketing and commercial departments are being run so successfully at the club having full control...

listening to it for free on radio sheffeild maybe? instead of having to pay for a service supposedly aimed at our club which we have to listen to reports and goal news from all the other local teams aswell, if you pay for something you should get it

We dont all live in area's that radio Sheffield is recieved. :rolleyes:

Not allowed. The player service is part of the extremely prohibitive FLi contract so the club (and all other clubs on the FLi contract) cannot do this themselves.

We dont all live in area's that radio Sheffield is recieved. :rolleyes:

I know but all radio stations broadcast online aswell now, which is basically the wednesday player, SWFC/Radio Sheffield are selling radio sheffields totally free internet broadcasts (which we pay our tv licences for) for a profit, it may be a deal with the football league and the BBc i dont know but its a load of crap that we have pay to listen to something we have already paid for.

I know but all radio stations broadcast online aswell now, which is basically the wednesday player, SWFC/Radio Sheffield are selling radio sheffields totally free internet broadcasts (which we pay our tv licences for) for a profit, it may be a deal with the football league and the BBc i dont know but its a load of crap that we have pay to listen to something we have already paid for.

Not really. Radio Sheffield cover the away games but John Pearson and Rob O'Neill do all the home games. You don't have to pay for anything that you've already paid for. If you're not bothered about the home game coverage, exclusive interviews, highlights etc (which you don't get with Radio Sheffield) then don't pay for Wednesday player and listen to Radio Sheffield instead.

Pretty simple really.

Nice to see some sort of apology, well done on that.

It's not just Saturday though is it? I've had no end of problems with WP.

In simple terms, the service is dire on a frequent basis. Saturday was not a one-off.

I used to be in procurement / contract / supplier management a number of years ago, and I can tell you that I would be looking to find an alternative supplier if at all feasible, dependant upon the contract terms.

Continuity of supply / contractor business continuity plans ought to form part of the contractual obligation if the contract has been negotiated correctly but is that the case here?

Edited by theowlsman

Guest Sheff Owl

Not got WP and refuse to get it because it's just not worth it.

You can understand the odd bit of trouble but it seems EVERY game we play there is a thread started on here stating...

"WP ain't working"

Not got WP and refuse to get it because it's just not worth it.

You can understand the odd bit of trouble but it seems EVERY game we play there is a thread started on here stating...

"WP ain't working"

I listen to every game live on Wednesday player and I rarely experience problems with it. When there has been problems it has only been for a few minutes.

Guest Sheff Owl

I listen to every game live on Wednesday player and I rarely experience problems with it. When there has been problems it has only been for a few minutes.

Like i said i don't have it but it seems every week a thread is started on here about how rubbish it is - that's all i was saying.

It is not the Clubs fault. Too many links in the chain.

The provider FLi also don't have control from start to finish.

Some of the faults can be as basic as RS not throwing the 'proper' switch.

Bloody poor service TBH.

This happens more time than is reasonable. As far as some saying RS sell the coverage don't know about now but around 3 seasons ago when you logged on a little pop up box used to appear that said Radio Sheffield is providing this coverage but receives no fee for doing so.

When Steve Chu was at the club I used to monitor coverage for him and a lot of the problems were down to the persons computer and not the provider