Mr Mandaric time to start spending your cash!

Guest Croftie_swfc

Guest Croftie_swfc

I know were only 3 games in the season and people are saying you cant make a judgement after three games. However things are looking the same as what they did last season. Why cant Mandaric see we don't have a prolific goalscorer or anyone decent in the wide midfield areas. If you look at charlton they have spent the money, and brought in some good attacking players and they have won their first three games. Megson seems to be more bothered about conceding goals rather than scoring them. Please Mr mandaric do something this week I cant cope with another season like last season.

MM has probably spent around £12m on the club already. We have one of the highest wage bills in the league, it's upto the manager to use that wage bill as he see fits. I didn't see Bury spend fortunes on their team and they played us off the park last night. My concern is that the top 6 last season were based around young hungry footballers with a smattering of experience and an attractive playing style. Generally speaking we have a large number of late 20 year olds and an archaic style of football. 8 of the team last night were Megson signings (I include Lewis Buxton in that as Megson had an opportunity to get rid). Megson showed how desperate he was by risking 2 injured players.

Guest wilyfox

if Mandaric buys us another striker, i think he'd have done everything that was expected of him. we've bought alot of players in this summer; we can't keep buying after every bad result. we finally got a talented winger we wanted. one more striker and thats our lot this window - unless we move others on...

Megson needs the right tools (possible bad choice of example there!) to do his job.

For a bloke who's spent millions on an investment I honestly can't see what he's doing not supporting his manager and making sure we get the McDonald's and LeFondre's.......

Two weeks ago we could have had LeFondre for 400k max...........................that's not the case now, he's out of sight and out of reach in my opinion...........that leave's McDonald.............So let's do it eh?

Megson needs the right tools (possible bad choice of example there!) to do his job.

For a bloke who's spent millions on an investment I honestly can't see what he's doing not supporting his manager and making sure we get the McDonald's and LeFondre's.......

Two weeks ago we could have had LeFondre for 400k max...........................that's not the case now, he's out of sight and out of reach in my opinion...........that leave's McDonald.............So let's do it eh?

no

Guest wilyfox

i just want a team we can be proud of; Megson promised us that. its hard to support the side based on last night's showing.

I just wonder whether the recent run of poor performances and results may well force MM's hand to spend some cash.

He'll be well aware of the unrest amongst supporters, and the desperate need for more firepower up top.

Time will tell I guess.

Well put, but how much time?.........................The feelgood factor at the start of the season needs a shot in the arm again

Guest madforitowl

Nowrich want 600k for mcdonald and megson has openly said he can find better than mcdonald for that yet the fans keep saying pay it and its just not going to happen

Well put, but how much time?.........................The feelgood factor at the start of the season needs a shot in the arm again

End of the transfer window maybe?

I'm my eyes though, we need to be signing forwards NOW - not fannying around up until 23:59 on the 31st.

We currently offer absolutely NOTHING going forward. We have no outlet, no goalscorer, no creativity. If I was GM I'd have been hammering down MM's first thing this morning asking for the cash to fund deals for the likes of ALF/McDonald etc.

Something has to change.

Edited by owlZfan84

if Mandaric buys us another striker, i think he'd have done everything that was expected of him. we've bought alot of players in this summer; we can't keep buying after every bad result. we finally got a talented winger we wanted. one more striker and thats our lot this window - unless we move others on...

We've bought 2 players the rest were free transfer.Milan stated he would back Megson and I dont think he has.I will always be greatful to Milan for saving our club but at the end of the day he hasn't done out of the goodness of his heart,he buys and sells clubs for a living and makes a lot of money doing it.If he wants to make a profit on us he better get his hands in his pocket.

A proven, mobile striker would be a wise investment and should be top of the list. It seems we lack the energy and dimension of pace up front, so it would give us more variety and more threat.

We've been crying out for far too long for someone to be a hero - to excite us all and to tempt people off their backsides. I feel sorry for those fans younger than about 20, who weren't old enough to remember when we last had someone of that kind. Credit to them for sticking by us and hope they can be inspired before too long.

Disappointing start to the season however you look at it, but no need to panic just yet.

O grady, Jones, Batth (loan), Uchechi (loan), Marshall (loan), Lines, Semedo, Prutton, Bennett.

its not like hes not bringing the players in.

If Madine and Morrison had scored a couple of goals, no one would give a flying flip about mellor, alf or macdonald. lets not panic just yet, and instead keep faith that the people in charge know what they are doing and are going to fix it.

Guest TonyOwl88

I like the timing of these topics. They look silly when new signings are unvailed on the same day.

Stop being so disrespectful anyway and let MM continue running the club properly. He deserves better than having people demand an endless stream of cash from him. He must have spend a cool £12M+ in his reign which has not yet reached a year's duration.

Be grateful for all he has done for our club which owes its life to him.