Games called off due to riots.

Currently 5 games called off in London and Bristol, including the England friendly.

With more and more police being shifted down south, what are the chances of these cancellations spreading to the rest of the country?

Thankfully we haven't been affected by riots up here, but the police that would be at games may be needed elsewhere.

Guest utOwlz

I hate to sound ignorant but can anyone tell me WHY people decided to riot? I dont watch the news but yesterday had it on to try find out what caused the riots but they didnt say why or what started it. I just assumed it started because of a protest about something, that always seems to be happening in London, but would i be right in saying that it started because people decided they just wanted to loot shops? Strange :blink:

It was thought to be related to the shooting of a 29 year old man by Police in Tottenham last week. There was a peaceful protest about it on Saturday, then the voilent stuff kicked off.

However, it just seems a proportion of the youth of today thought rioting around London (and now Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham and Liverpool) would be fun, give them the opportunity to loot to get a few quid, and just generally run a mock.

The society we live in now I'm afraid. The Government doesn't help one jot either - they live on a different flippin' planet.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

I hate to sound ignorant but can anyone tell me WHY people decided to riot? I dont watch the news but yesterday had it on to try find out what caused the riots but they didnt say why or what started it. I just assumed it started because of a protest about something, that always seems to be happening in London, but would i be right in saying that it started because people decided they just wanted to loot shops? Strange :blink:

Someone killed a big badass gangster so all his minions started rioting i think, effin nobs if it was up to me they would all be machine gunned by the army

Guest utOwlz

Someone killed a big badass gangster so all his minions started rioting i think, effin nobs if it was up to me they would all be machine gunned by the army

lol dont sugarcoat it tell me how you really feel. :biggrin:

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

I love you swfc1867jm and if I ever have a sex change op. you'll now have first dibs on my new ladybit

Guest DaRuMo

an absolute joke this is, cameron needs to pull his finger out. just because the police killed some big time gangster. he wasn't a frigin ass then they wouldnt have been after him. i just dont get why other cities have started

Why the Army? Let's put some money back in the coffers. I'd pay for the privilege!

Just looking on Sky News and it says that 26 outside forces have been called in to help police these brainless moron's in London, that's 60% of all UK forces.

This could have a serious knock on affect with regards to fixtures over the coming days and I honestly do not know why they just don't go in there with rubber bulletts, water cannons and tear gas!!