The atmosphere

I felt this topic deserved a thread all to itself.

Hillsborough's atmosphere over the last few years has not been the best, but today it was world class.

I was sat on the Kop and throughout the second half, the atmosphere was quality. The north, as usual, also contributed. I think I even heard the south getting into it!

The players showed their appreciation on the aftermath of the second goal.

21,000 today too, with a Rochdale traveling support of less then 1,000. Brilliant!

Hopefully we can continue this, and Hillsborough can be the fortress this season!

UTO

Guest wednesday_lass

I agree, if I think back to last seasons opening match I can't remember the atmosphere being the same.

In a weird way, the diabolical refereeing helped us because it riled the Kop end especially and we really got behind the lads.

I think there was a corner where the whole of the Kop was on it's feet...which was great to see. Yeah, few more performances like that and crowds will get bigger.

Guest wednesday_lass

Lets see what it's like when we're behind, but so far so good.

Look at Mr Negative.....who says we're EVER going to go behind :biggrin:

Guest TonyOwl88

Like I said on the topic about the band, the atmosphere today was one of the best I can remember since Brighton last year when the kop was bouncing for a good 20 minutes towards and after the final whistle non-stop.

That was what football is about for me... and the players must have been spurred on by that. Like-wise, I imagine the Rochdale team may have been a little intimidated by the occasion. Something I don't think we do often enough.

When O'Grady was coming on, I couldn't help thinking to myself that the bloke SURELY must have been regretting his decision.

Fantastic!

Guest Saturday Owl

I loved it on the KOP, throats sore after all the singing today. If the rest of the season at Hillsborough and away is going to be like this, then I cant bloody wait!

Guest wednesday_lass

Like I said on the topic about the band, the atmosphere today was one of the best I can remember since Brighton last year when the kop was bouncing for a good 20 minutes towards and after the final whistle non-stop.

That was what football is about for me... and the players must have been spurred on by that. Like-wise, I imagine the Rochdale team may have been a little intimidated by the occasion. Something I don't think we do often enough.

When O'Grady was coming on, I couldn't help thinking to myself that the bloke SURELY must have been regretting his decision.

Fantastic!

This.

Plus, I thought today how amazing it must be for the new lads to come in and play in front of that for the first time. Obviously they've had the leeds and stoke match, but that didn't show them what our fans are capable of when we get going.

Guest totemowl
i wer a top man at n.a.s.a,put i packed it in .......................................................................................................................<b>there were no</b> atmosphere

Corrected for yer...

Guest intercity0wl

Agree that the atmosphere was good , but i see nothing has changed with regard to the Yellow coated jobworths who were doing their damnedist to spoil the Experience again, the glazed crazy look in some of their eyes as they buzzed about looking for the smalllest so called misdemeanor is unreal. and once again nearly caused a needless sittuation.

PS the 20,000 flags (on them dangerous sticks) that Brighton HANDED OUT looked well i thought, wonder what Advice the H&S people gave our MR R at the recent meeting where he said he would be looking to get a few things relaxed ?.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest totemowl

cheers................irvine fan

Now, now. Just stopped you from looking silly, that's all.

But then I realised the floodgates had already been opened...

Brilliant yesterday as a Wednesday fan. Just shows we can be the best fans in the country.

Brilliant at 1 of the corners when nearly the whole ground was singing barmy army, just hope we can win a few games, fans see the results and start coming back to Hillsborough. Even Jesus said on RS about how the lads got encouraged by the atmosphere how it sucked that ball into the net.

Fantastic!

YEAH looked like someone who wasn't enjoying his latest decision... lol:biggrin:

Agree that the atmosphere was good , but i see nothing has changed with regard to the Yellow coated jobworths who were doing their damnedist to spoil the Experience again, the glazed crazy look in some of their eyes as they buzzed about looking for the smalllest so called misdemeanor is unreal. and once again nearly caused a needless sittuation.

PS the 20,000 flags (on them dangerous sticks) that Brighton HANDED OUT looked well i thought, wonder what Advice the H&S people gave our MR R at the recent meeting where he said he would be looking to get a few things relaxed ?.

come up into the north west...

they don't bother you at all there...

I felt this topic deserved a thread all to itself.

Hillsborough's atmosphere over the last few years has not been the best, but today it was world class.

I was sat on the Kop and throughout the second half, the atmosphere was quality. The north, as usual, also contributed. I think I even heard the south getting into it!

The players showed their appreciation on the aftermath of the second goal.

21,000 today too, with a Rochdale traveling support of less then 1,000. Brilliant!

Hopefully we can continue this, and Hillsborough can be the fortress this season!

UTO

I thought the band really added to the atmosphere today (heads for cover), good to hear some of the oldies being played and even some in the North Standers joined in.