Please sign Cody Mcdonald (He Is The Player We Need)

Look at Cody Mcdonalds finishing last season for Gillingham, many of them were quality goals worthy of any league ! or even Championship player. He is the player we need hes got a good eye for a goal, knows where the net is, good in the air and a very tricky player... fast too... pay the money for him and forget about La Fondre hes no where near Cody Mcdonalds quality !

I'd love him to come but not at 600k,if we could do a deal such as paying 300k plus add on's for goals,appearances and promotion then I think that would be good business,add Mellor and a winger into the mix and we have a team that will win the league.

AGREED :cool:

I'd love him to come but not at 600k,if we could do a deal such as paying 300k plus add on's for goals,appearances and promotion then I think that would be good business,add Mellor and a winger into the mix and we have a team that will win the league.

AGREED :cool:

Guest 03 owl

369k Alf Yes, plus the other 2 offers that are tabled + loanee and on today's showing we are heading upwards no danger, forget Cody mac :biggrin:

600k where do they get a price like that for a player who has only ever had 1 good season in league 2

look at the difference in the two players...cody mcdonald is alot better player than La fondre and has alot more to offer.. Hes definatley not worth 600k but we should try every avenue to sign him.. Id prefer him over La fondre any day who yes has scored fifty odd goals for rotherham in league 2 but many of them were from the penalty spot. Codys goals were alot more varied and better quality finshes. I think he could easily succeed in league 1

Guest Saturday Owl

look at the difference in the two players...cody mcdonald is alot better player than La fondre and has alot more to offer.. Hes definatley not worth 600k but we should try every avenue to sign him.. Id prefer him over La fondre any day who yes has scored fifty odd goals for rotherham in league 2 but many of them were from the penalty spot. Codys goals were alot more varied and better quality finshes. I think he could easily succeed in league 1

I'm not saying Le Fondre is our savouir, but how can you say McDonald is better than him? ALF scored more goals than McDonald last season despite being pretty poo poo for about 5-10 games. I'd love Cody but to be honest ALF would be a great signing at half the price, with a fantastic scoring record. McDonald has only had one good season.

!00% spot on.. I agree but as La Fondras name keeps getting mentioned personally I dont think he will be good for us..

From the youtube vids Mcdonald does look a class above. If we're looking at a similar fee for him/ Le Fondre I'd definitely pick Cody. Looks as if he has the potential to become a real star for someone. I don't quite get that impression with ALF. Le Fondre looks an excellent poacher though, and could be exactly what we need especially with our new long throw/cause havoc in area tactics.

Can we have two presents this transfer deadline though please Milan? Getting both these guys for circa. £800k would be good business in my eyes. I'm sure at least one of them will become worth £1m+ in the not too distant future- let's hedge our bets.

I think ALF and McDonald would both bring goals,if I was pushed to pick one I'd say CM but I wouldn't be disappointed with ALF.I seriously doubt we'd go for both of them as I honestly believe Mellor will be back.Price wise I don't think there would be much in them,basic fee of 300k and add on's would be accepted I'm sure.

I'm not saying Le Fondre is our savouir, but how can you say McDonald is better than him? ALF scored more goals than McDonald last season despite being pretty poo poo for about 5-10 games. I'd love Cody but to be honest ALF would be a great signing at half the price, with a fantastic scoring record. McDonald has only had one good season.

ur right in wot u say its just my personal opinion.. looked at the goals cody scored and 90% of them were quality, looks an all rounder to me. La fondre is more direct < not as good in the air and less skillful 19 of his 50 odd goals over the last two seasons were penalties and the majority of the remaining were tap ins.. good goal poacher tho. :-)

Guest Saturday Owl

ur right in wot u say its just my personal opinion.. looked at the goals cody scored and 90% of them were quality, looks an all rounder to me. La fondre is more direct < not as good in the air and less skillful 19 of his 50 odd goals over the last two seasons were penalties and the majority of the remaining were tap ins.. good goal poacher tho. :-)

I understand where your coming from, but we've come back around to the varicolored debate about whether tap ins and penalties count. For me that's all the strikers are there for, midfielders should be curling beauties in from the edge of the area. Look at David Prutton today, that's something I wouldn't expect a striker to be doing.

From the youtube vids Mcdonald does look a class above. If we're looking at a similar fee for him/ Le Fondre I'd definitely pick Cody. Looks as if he has the potential to become a real star for someone. I don't quite get that impression with ALF. Le Fondre looks an excellent poacher though, and could be exactly what we need especially with our new long throw/cause havoc in area tactics.

Can we have two presents this transfer deadline though please Milan? Getting both these guys for circa. £800k would be good business in my eyes. I'm sure at least one of them will become worth £1m+ in the not too distant future- let's hedge our bets.

Thats exactley wot I think...... Id wet my pants if we got both.. promotion 199 million% with both.. and ur right there will definatley be a return on the players :-)

I understand where your coming from, but we've come back around to the varicolored debate about whether tap ins and penalties count. For me that's all the strikers are there for, midfielders should be curling beauties in from the edge of the area. Look at David Prutton today, that's something I wouldn't expect a striker to be doing.

Agreed.. but it would be nice if they did lol... 1 eck of a goal!!!!!!!

Guest 03 owl

Agreed.. but it would be nice if they did lol... 1 eck of a goal!!!!!!!

What A f-IN GOAL it was, love the guy already class display.

( Reminded me of Agent Wilson against Chelski :ph34r: )