midfield

Guest Big Guns

Guest Big Guns

Prutton and Semedo best central midfield for years, you might aswel have played me and Jon the flippingowl infront of potter and joc ..well done megson

We are 50% of the way to having arguably the best midfield in our division. We are also 50% of the way to having one of the most average midfields in our division. In other words we need two quality players out wide very quickly.

I would however say that Sedgwick and Palmer did themselves proud today but they are not the long term answer to our wide midfield positions.

Guest foreverSWFC

Yes we look like we have a good midfield pairing, but this time last year everyone was hailing Clinton Morrison the best thing since David Hirst. Lets not get too carried away until the season pans out.

Prutton was immense today. He just knows where his team mates are without even hesitating. Really reassuring to have him in the middle of the park.

Whilst both Prutton and Semeda are undoubtably quality players, they are a bit too similar for me and having 2 midfielders hanging back is one of the reasons why we didnt cause them too much trouble from open play......I can see these two developing in to a poor mans Gerrard/Lampard....i.e. 2 of the better players so they both need to play but then they both do the same job and leave us short elsewhere.....early days yet but lets see how it develops

Guest 03 owl

Prutton and Semedo best central midfield for years, you might aswel have played me and Jon the flippingowl infront of potter and joc ..well done megson

Well said about Prutton and Semedo, we are strong my friend.

Think we only need one new winger. Sedgwick deserves a place and his consistent deliveries are key to the way we're playing. JJ to come back before long too and Palmer can do a job when called upon. Even Daniel Jones and Otsemobor can play wide midfield too.

Whilst both Prutton and Semeda are undoubtably quality players, they are a bit too similar for me and having 2 midfielders hanging back is one of the reasons why we didnt cause them too much trouble from open play......I can see these two developing in to a poor mans Gerrard/Lampard....i.e. 2 of the better players so they both need to play but then they both do the same job and leave us short elsewhere.....early days yet but lets see how it develops

we need more threat on the wings...

once we have a threat out there, it will pull there defence, and hopefully create more space to pass into the middle...

Think we only need one new winger. Sedgwick deserves a place and his consistent deliveries are key to the way we're playing. JJ to come back before long too and Palmer can do a job when called upon. Even Daniel Jones and Otsemobor can play wide midfield too.

Sedge was really really good yesterday, I honestly cannot think of one bad set piece delivery all game!

Been a long time since I could say that about a player at Wednesday.

Especially with the height we have in the side he will set up loads of goals if he carries on like that, we do need another quick winger for the other flank and a pacy forward, but I would have Sedge in the first 11 all day long if he carries on like that

Not having seen any of the pre season friendlies, I was highly impressed with the pairing yesterday. Both were resolute defensively and are not without ideas going forward. OK they are never going to be the creative hub of our team but when we find a Koumas type, they'll let him play.

Guest OwlertonG

just need to have a little and big man combo upfront ... and I think it might be a good enough team to say.... dont think ive seen this much class since... the 90's

On the evidence so far, you've got to say it just highlights further what a massive d1ckhead Irvine was for thinking that we could have a central midfield partnership of JOC and Potter last season.

Huge kudos to Megson for getting these two in though.

Was it just me that saw Prutton rifle a stunning volley in from 25 yds out then? Maybe it was some other long-haired Jesus look-a-like and Prutton was hanging back to cover the break from the corner....