Things getting a little worrying

Guest Owl30

If you seriously think we are no better off this season compared to last you must be mental!

The team that megson is putting together is going to be very hard working, very committed and very very hard to beat. And WHEN the additional signings come in we also be very hard to stop.

Everyone knows (including GM and MM) that this is not the finished article, but why should MM throw HIS hard earned money at other clubs to ensure players come in a week or two earlier?

Please just think back to where we were last Summer, a crap manager, a board that never told us the mess the club were in and were hated by everyone (well except Ben Allen) . Yes we signed players with ease but only because no one else actually wanted them, and we have had to get rid of a large slice of them.

And more than anything else we had JOC and Potter as our first choice centre midfield.

Bring back Uncle Dave, at least we had strikers and female clothing in the shop under his tenure.

MM is an astute businessman, he needs to ensure he makes a maximum return WHEN he sells the club so stripping costs wherever needed is essential (non playing side) and gaining lucrative contracts for the catering and gambling outlets are a must so we maximise our income accordingly.

SWFC is business and after years of mis-management we are now being run like a profitable business should be run. I don't hear many LCFC fans complaining now, do you?

People need to take stock of where we were 6 months ago and how poo poo the last 15 years have been before questioning the current way the club is being run (although that doesn't mean they can't!).

We will get a new striker(s) and winger, be patient, FFS it took 15 years for somebody to put money into the club so we were patient once! MM and GM know what they are doing and their stance is correct and just. Why should we pay over the odds for players?

MM is the messiah, in Milan we trust! UTO.

i am not going to critisize MM or GM , in fact i want to express my imense gratitude to MM for saving our club. Time will tell how good he and GM are . We have seen what over spending on players who are not good enough and whose wages are too high did to us as stated previously 27M------->0M in Debt is one reason to love MM forever but ... there is also a but, : having no shirts in the store 3 days from the 1st game is is a rumbleing disgrace its poor planning poor organisation and poor management

the reasons given in the store were

1)We sold over 4000 thats got to be good :

2)We ordered them but don't know when they will be here

3)We didn't know who the sponser would be !

On OT

1)The sponsers badge is poor quality we trying to sort it

not one good reason

the shirts should have been in stock for last match of season

the Sponser should have been sorted

the badge .. its not rocket science millions of T shirts printed ever year with PVC transfers , good quality

On a lighter note i got one of the 3 shirts I wanted and in the queue behind me was a a guy wearing a pig polo shirt buying a Shirt for his kid ..... he wouldn't pose for a photo though lol

Guest intercity0wl

Bring back Uncle Dave, at least we had strikers and female clothing in the shop under his tenure.

MM is an astute businessman, he needs to ensure he makes a maximum return WHEN he sells the club so stripping costs wherever needed is essential (non playing side) and gaining lucrative contracts for the catering and gambling outlets are a must so we maximise our income accordingly.

SWFC is business and after years of mis-management we are now being run like a profitable business should be run. I don't hear many LCFC fans complaining now, do you?

People need to take stock of where we were 6 months ago and how poo poo the last 15 years have been before questioning the current way the club is being run (although that doesn't mean they can't!).

We will get a new striker(s) and winger, be patient, FFS it took 15 years for somebody to put money into the club so we were patient once! MM and GM know what they are doing and their stance is correct and just. Why should we pay over the odds for players?

MM is the messiah, in Milan we trust! UTO.

Top, top post.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

There could be many reasons why we have no available shirts in the club shop.

As for the ground, granted, it is in desperate need of some improvements. But lets face it there is no point in having a state of the art ground, with a below average team to play in it. The team is the priority and MM and GM are addressing this issue.

Furthermore, the reasons why there will be no betting today is down to a contract dispute- something which the club have said will be resolved in due course.

I can't believe some of our fans at times. It is beyond a joke some of the views and acqusations that are posted on this forum.

I for one, belive in MM and GM (and the other staff) wholeheartedly. On the evidence of pre-season, and with this the additions to the playing squad, I am confident that we will win promotion this year. This is not biased optimism, this I believe 100%.

So can some of our fans stop moaning, and just get behind the club, because lets face it we have done so through worse times.

Guest Bald Owl

We owe a massive debt of gratitude to MM for whom we would not have a club had he not saved us, I doff my cap to thee sir.

However the laddo who started this thread has got a point and yes we have had some great FREE transfers, but they knew at the end of the season we only had the worst than useless Morrison and the lad Madine as strikers. Is that really good football? Megson must be doing his flipping nut in, being an owl.

Just a thought, MM has said he won't pay over inflated prices for strikers if either get injured today what's the plan? Mellor should have had his wage demands met which if we believe what Mellor says was only £1k a week more than we wanted to pay that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a 30 goal a season striker to buy!

There's something not right!

There's a lot less not right than this time last year....if anyone truly thought everythng would be sorted out by the start of the new season they seriously need heads examining....

Have a pause for thought and consider just where we would be if no changed had taken place and then engage brain before passing comment.

We owe a massive debt of gratitude to MM for whom we would not have a club had he not saved us, I doff my cap to thee sir.

However the laddo who started this thread has got a point and yes we have had some great FREE transfers, but they knew at the end of the season we only had the worst than useless Morrison and the lad Madine as strikers. Is that really good football? Megson must be doing his flipping nut in, being an owl.

Just a thought, MM has said he won't pay over inflated prices for strikers if either get injured today what's the plan? Mellor should have had his wage demands met which if we believe what Mellor says was only £1k a week more than we wanted to pay that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than a 30 goal a season striker to buy!

There's something not right!

For arguments sake,suppose Rotherham hold firm to the 500k asking price,Mellor wont come down from his extra grand a week that he wants or Norwich wont lower their 600k sum they are quoting.Surely then we either pay up or stick with what we have which is feck all.Should we pay up I for one will be asking,WHY THE FECK HAVE WE WAITED THAT LONG.

I'm probably going to get a bit of stick for this but i think it needs bringing up.

I recently went to the club shop to purchase a new home shirt and there were hardly any shirts available for adults, no kid's ones and no ladies types either.

Not only that but there was nothing at all for women full stop, the shop looks run down, the place just looks like it hasn't had much money spent on either stock or being cleaned.

Be concerned about the lack of strikers by all means (people can spin it how they like, but we really should have got at least one in by now), but please don't try and equate a lack of shirts/different pies with Wednesday being in the bottom.