Strikers / Forwards

Been having a look at players who still haven't signed for a club yet.

Now the season has started they will have to take what they are offered or risk not getting a club at all.

Obviously some of these will end up in divisions above L1, but there are also some that could end up in league 1.

It also goes to show why we probably aren't too keen to go paying 500k for an unproven L1 striker when there's still these players available for nothing.

Marcus Bent

John Carew

Pablo Counago

Craig Fagan

Marlon Harewood

Kevin Lisbie

James McFadden

Now the season has started they will have to take what they are offered or risk not getting a club at all.

Obviously some of these will end up in divisions above L1, but there are also some that could end up in league 1.

It also goes to show why we probably aren't too keen to go paying 500k for an unproven L1 striker when there's still these players available for nothing.

Marcus Bent- never

John Carew- too old/ expensive

Pablo Counago- don't thinkw e could afford him, and he aint young

Craig Fagan- meh

Marlon Harewood- gash

Kevin Lisbie- not sure- another aging striker

James McFadden- championship at least

Marcus Bent

John Carew

Pablo Counago

Craig Fagan

Marlon Harewood

Kevin Lisbie

James McFadden

I'd rather pay £20 million for Le Fondre or Mellor than £20 for Kevin Lisbie or Marcus Bent.

Harewood would have been good a couple of years ago but he seems pretty much finished now and would be another Clinton.

Would like Fagan though despite the fact he's a bellend, but pretty sure he can get himself a deal in the championship.

Just to clarify...

I'm not suggesting these as targets for us or that I think we will/should sign them.

Just showing that they haven't got themselves a club and available for no fee.

All played in the Championship/Premiership and available for free

v

ALF played in L2 for > £350k

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Marlon Harewood has signed for a Chinese team, John Carew is in talks with West Ham, Counago I would be happy if we signed him, decent for Palace and Ipswich, McFadden wouldn't drop to this level and could easily play Championship, Bent is a pig and hasn't scored for years, Lisbie is average I wouldn't be too keen and Fagan is simply poo .

All played in the Championship/Premiership and available for free

v

ALF played in L2 for > £350k

True, and a valid point.

Theres other things to consider though, like those players being 32/33 years old and almost finished if not already finished, plus all would be on big wages, just like Clinton, Gary Teale and Tommy Miller.

ALF however is 24 years old with a point to prove and could also be sold for reasonable money in the future.

True, and a valid point.

Theres other things to consider though, like those players being 32/33 years old and almost finished if not already finished, plus all would be on big wages, just like Clinton, Gary Teale and Tommy Miller.

ALF however is 24 years old with a point to prove and could also be sold for reasonable money in the future.

As things stand, they are on no wages...

They will have to accept what they are offered

Marcus Bent

John Carew

Pablo Counago

Craig Fagan

Marlon Harewood

Kevin Lisbie

James McFadden

They are on a free without a club at the start of a new season for a reason

Guest dean308

Of the strikers available on a free this summer, I would have gambled on David Mooney....now signed for Leyton Orient.

I thought he had a good enough season at Colchester and he's not a bad athlete in my opinion, pace with a variety of goals scored.....and not bad value for money when you consider no transfer fee, small sign up fee and lower wages than most strikers at this level.

Anyways, only other relevant striker now available could be Rowan Vine if we are really struggling to get someone in as per this weeks scenario. My doncaster mate seems to think his trial was a success, but for some bizarre reason he wasn't signed up? I personally haven't rated him, but would rather trial him in the squad or short term contract than the other trialists we have had in (if his release from QPR can be sorted f.o.c of course).

UTO

Guest Bobs Brain Tonic

I would rather have ALF for 500k than any of them on a free to be honest.

Not counting Carew and McFadden obvious they'd never end up in L1 anyway

Edited by Bobs Brain Tonic