Ambition

I have read several times about players should be choosing us because we are ambitious, but are we?

I agree with the frugal nature if transfer dealings but this limits the quality of player available and to me this does nit equal promotion. The club has an important decision to make, either re assess it's target and be honest with the fans or invest wisely in resources necessary to achieve their stated target.

So far this close season has been a real let down and frustrating because we can all see the quality GM has brought in, but needs the promised backing to bring in another 4 or 5 similar quality players.

Guest intercity0wl

I have read several times about players should be choosing us because we are ambitious, but are we?

I agree with the frugal nature if transfer dealings but this limits the quality of player available and to me this does nit equal promotion. The club has an important decision to make, either re assess it's target and be honest with the fans or invest wisely in resources necessary to achieve their stated target.

So far this close season has been a real let down and frustrating because we can all see the quality GM has brought in, but needs the promised backing to bring in another 4 or 5 similar quality players.

Just Hope MM dosen't try shifting any blame if things go boobies up, as you say GM has more than done enought to be able to finish filling up his bag with quality tools to finish the job he was asked to and really wants to do..

Guest Big Guns

I blame Alan flippingIrvine not only did he flip the last 2 seasons up he's also fooked this one up with his clueless January standing spree the Irvine knock on effect is wot its called

He will though.

Milan is a ruthless son of a gun - and is expecting promotion this season.

It will only take till christmas without the players that megson wants and a slight dip in form for it to kick off on the media front

"I didn't get the players I wanted in preseason" vs "we brought in players the manager requested and they should be good enough to challenge"

It will only take till christmas without the players that megson wants and a slight dip in form for it to kick off on the media front

"I didn't get the players I wanted in preseason" vs "we brought in players the manager requested and they should be good enough to challenge"

Thats my worry and sadly without signing i can see it happening.

Guest intercity0wl

Well if that was the argument, based on what has happened so far, i have no doubt which camp i would be siding with.

This is where you cover yourself with having a proper reserve team, players ready to fill in positions as and when asked.

The gulf between Academy and Seniors is just too wide, I appreciate it costs to maintain a competing reserve squad

but this is the situation where it comes into its own. It also leads to a more consistent first choice side who get used to each

others game. And a little competition for places never hurt anyone.

The first game of a new season usually brings a sense of excitement so why is it I am in two minds. The defence is sorted and I

know we wont conced too many goals. But on the other hand apart from set pieces I dont see us scoring many. I guess for the moment

we will have to get used to seeing boring 0-0 draws, I hope not though. Come on Clinton , time to step up and show us what you've got.