Benik Afobe

Seen this in the transfers thread, but seeing as ALF has 337 threads about him I thought this guy could have at least one!

Link:

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=249391

And from Wiki:

Following a broken leg to Anthony Pilkington, Benik got an extended run in the Huddersfield starting line-up in the second half of the season which saw him pick-up four Man of the Match awards in a row, which also included 5 goals and a number of important assists, taking Huddersfield's unbeaten record from December to 24 league games.

Sounds ok, although I'll admit I don't know anything about him.

Someone on here described him as an "awful player", so maybe there's a few around that know something more about him?

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

Guest Saturday Owl

No he's truely awful!

And were did you get this judgement from? He scored plenty last season and would be a quality addition.

Reminds me of a young Justin Fashanu, got good ball control. Almost scored against us at Hillsborough with his first touch, after making his debut as a second half substitute.

Guest intercity0wl

No he's truely awful!

I have no idea of his merits, but somehow being on the Books at Arsenal, and as such being rated by Arsene Wenger somehow makes the truly awful tag seem a harsh.

Care to elaborate on that?

Guessing you've seen him play a few times?

Judging by the fact he hasn't elaborated, I'm guessing he has no comeback.

I've never even heard of the guy so can't comment. But surely he is better than having no body.... lol

Judging by the fact he hasn't elaborated, I'm guessing he has no comeback.

I've never even heard of the guy so can't comment. But surely he is better than having no body.... lol

agreed

Always amazes me how people have instant opinions on players from other clubs' reserves prob based on champ manager - school hols after all :dry:

Edited by steelowl

this guy makes madine look like van basten...

i watched him a number of times, but in their play off games, for me his lack of cutting edge was the main reason they didn't go up (along with the fact they got leggy after 75 mins)...he may be from arsenal, but that doesn't make him any good...can't remember the last time wenger picked up a very good, big numbers striker...

this kids more of a poor man's nicklas bendtner, a forward with no goals in him...

sorry for not responding immediately but i have work to do...

not as lucky as you lot on school holidays...

Edited by dnhc