Today's Observer

that we'll finish mid-table with the likes of Bury, Chesterfield, Exeter, Walsall and Rochdale

Brentford, Carlisle, Charlton, Huddersfield, MK Dons, Preston, the Pigs and Leyton Orient will be the clubs challenging for promotion.

Edited by chirpyowl

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Obviously the pigs have a much stronger more motivated squad than we do, with a much more experienced and high acheiving manager, debt free and an owner that can invest.... So quite rightly they are much more fancied than we are to get promotion!!

Observer in depth sports reporting at it;s best !!

I`m still going for randomly sticking pins in the League 1 list as pigs , Leyton , Mk won`t finish above us and Preston will if they keep Mellor which won`t happen . I`m sure Observer will change their opinion when we get our next 3 in . :biggrin:

Guest thetruthisoutthere

that we'll finish mid-table with the likes of Bury, Chesterfield, Exeter, Walsall and Rochdale

Brentford, Carlisle, Charlton, Huddersfield, MK Dons, Preston, the Pigs and Leyton Orient will be the clubs challenging for promotion.

That's it ! I will never buy that paper in my life. Not that I have ever bought it at the moment anyway

Have they not heard ? We have Jesus playing for us we cannot fail ! 1st or 2nd is stuck on for us this season

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Come on if we don't get 3 players in mid table beckons

I don't think we are as far away as looking at a 12th place finish

Maybe 7/8th with our current set up. But definately agree that there needs to be at least 2 and ideally 4 coming in very very quickly to propel us up further than my predicted miss at the playoffs. I want a real good pop at the title this time round so in all seriousness yes we do need some more quality bodies

Wouldn't give too much credence to that:

1) We all know that we are short of a few signings, but, likewise, with those signings we will be right up there.

2) I can't envision the person who wrote this doing a great deal of research.

From what iv seen in Pre-season we can achieve a top 6 place with a few more signings. I very much doubt we will not sign anyone half decent.

I remember when the perceived wisdom was that pre-season games were little more than practice matches, designed to get players fit for the season ahead.

Now apparently they're a genuine indicator of how the season will pan out.

Well, you live and learn.