Alfreton Town v Sheffield Wednesday XI

Guest Saturday Owl

Guest intercity0wl

What the hell has the kids getting beat heavily in a nothing game got to do with club record defeats ?, personally i aint bothered if Alfreton get 20, or am I supposed to say sumat like im embarrased and wont eat my Tea ?, cos i aint and i will.

What the hell has the kids getting beat heavily in a nothing game got to do with club record defeats ?, personally i aint bothered if Alfreton get 20, or am I supposed to say sumat like im embarrased and wont eat my Tea ?, cos i aint and i will.

The record 16-0 defeat is by any Wednesday team at any level.

When a pig youth team came and gave Alfreton a din for their money in midweek as we are now 11-0 down questions have to be asked!!!

I think you're missing the point.

We all know this result has absolutely no bearing on preparations to the first team squad or any impact in the game next Saturday against Rochdale.

But are you not absolutely stunned that our "Academy" is getting absolutely mullered by a semi professional side? Considering how much money the club plough into the academy, it is clear that the current regime in charge with running the thing, and the players within it, are simply not producing the goods, nor ever will do.

Whats the point in chucking hundreds of thousands of pounds a season away, into something that's going to yield the net result of Sweet F.A.

Usually i'm not particularly bothered about this sort of game. The Sheffield FC and Hallam FC games didn't really bother me at all.

However, this is embarrassing and pathetic. If we were getting beaten three, four, maybe five nil i could live with it, but to to be getting beaten in double figures (not even near the end of the game) against a semi pro side is a complete and utter joke.

Something is clearly very very wrong in the academy set up and the book, as ever with these things, stops with the man in charge. Sean McAuley is obviously doing a job woefully short of what is required and should be moved on.

Absolutely pathetic.

I think you're missing the point.

We all know this result has absolutely no bearing on preparations to the first team squad or any impact in the game next Saturday against Rochdale.

But are you not absolutely stunned that our "Academy" is getting absolutely mullered by a semi professional side? Considering how much money the club plough into the academy, it is clear that the current regime in charge with running the thing, and the players within it, are simply not producing the goods, nor ever will do.

Whats the point in chucking hundreds of thousands of pounds a season away, into something that's going to yield the net result of Sweet F.A.

I am truly gutted. Where are the next Mel Sterlands, Peter Shirtliffs, John Pearsons coming from? We have produced some good players from Mark Smith through to Mark Beevers but I fear we won't see any for a very long time. Mr Mandaric, get this sorted or stretch your bank balance!!

Very, very worrying!!

my lads team won 14 -2 yesterday county senior level he scored 7 , turned down at ours .to be fare though it was something to do with age ,but he had to turn 2 games down through injury so not the clubs fault ,Cant help thinking they missed out though,

There is one positive that could come from this. Sean McAuley could be given the bullet.

I don't see how he could possibly continue.

paying off a 4 year contract?