Alfreton Town v Sheffield Wednesday XI

Guest Saturday Owl

cant be arsed to read all this but who gives a flip.

men against boys as it always will be wi a wednesday XI

and all you lurkers from other clubs.....flip OFF.

ALL flippingWEDNESDAY ARE'NT WI

I was at GAA match over here in Ireland yesterday when a friend of a friend turned & said "Don't you support Sheffield Wednesday?". I confirmed this to which he replied "Ye've just lost 14-0 to Alfreton". The whole crowd around us laughed. All I could say was "God I hope that was our youth team!". It got me thinking after though, what difference does that make if it was our youth team? No professional club, youth team or not, should be losing to a non-league team in this manner. I'm not going to say heads should roll but if I was Megson & Mandaric, I would be looking at a complete overhaul of our youth system because this clearly is nowhere near good enough.

Guest Saturday Owl

Serious question, what were your other youth team's friendly results like?

Stockbridge Park Steels 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday XI

Sheffield FC 3-0 Sheffield Wednesday XI

Hallam FC 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday XI

Alfreton Town 14-0 Sheffield Wednesday XI

:biggrin:

Guest intercity0wl

How very dare you. I don't smoke. By the way, I was talking to someone at the academy at Dinno and asked what had happened to creative midfielder Jack Barnett (signed for Sheffield club) as I thought he was one of our brightest prospects in years but was released after being shunted to right back for a full year. I was told the reasoning was that Barnett 'just didn't have it in him to change a game'. I didn't bother asking how many full backs he knew in World football that are expected to 'change games'.

Mel Sterland, Roland Neillson, Des walker to name a few who i would say have changed the results of games i have watched.

Serious question, what were your other youth team's friendly results like?

Better, will that do.

Amazed the reaction this has bought from opposition fans from other clubs. Obviously not including the sad b*stards who follow that team we invented in our old stadium.

It was our kids. We lost 14-0. Embarrassing a little granted, but that's for us to worry about and it's got absolutely **** all to do with Megson and the first team squad, who actually played out a very comfortable 0-0 draw against Stoke, who happen to play in the Premier League and in Europe (they also played there full first team in the first half).

We know the academy is flipping abysmal at the moment and needs to be sorted. But the reaction of others fans is quite frankly, rather pathetic.

Guest We are Leeds

Stockbridge Park Steels 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday XI

Sheffield FC 3-0 Sheffield Wednesday XI

Hallam FC 3-2 Sheffield Wednesday XI

Alfreton Town 14-0 Sheffield Wednesday XI

:biggrin:

Not great but not unexpected, your youth team will be absolutely poo in League One and without top class facilities. All the kids have agents these days who tell them to go to Chelsea or Man Utd, knowing that they can get their payday when they sign for a few hundred quid a week but then get lost in the system, then the agents move on to the next batch of kids in two or three years time.

Young players should look at Robert Snodgrass for inspiration, turned down Celtic's offer and signed for Livingstone, then turned down a trial at Barcelona and now plays for Scotland and is arguably Leeds United's best player.

Guest Saturday Owl

Not great but not unexpected, your youth team will be absolutely poo in League One and without top class facilities. All the kids have agents these days who tell them to go to Chelsea or Man Utd, knowing that they can get their payday when they sign for a few hundred quid a week but then get lost in the system, then the agents move on to the next batch of kids in two or three years time.

Young players should look at Robert Snodgrass for inspiration, turned down Celtic's offer and signed for Livingstone, then turned down a trial at Barcelona and now plays for Scotland and is arguably Leeds United's best player.

This is true, think there's a reason why Snodgrass is a Premiership class player.

What is clever about rejecting two massive clubs including currently the best academy in the world? He's only playing for an average championship team and a poor national team. He seems pretty unambitious to be fair

What is clever about rejecting two massive clubs including currently the best academy in the world? He's only playing for an average championship team and a poor national team. He seems pretty unambitious to be fair

Fair play to Snodgrass I say. He might have looked at the squads at Celtic and Barcelona and thought I will never get a game so decided to find his level elsewhere a bit like Tony Daws did when he was at Man Utd with players like Mark Hughes in front of him. There are far too many footballers at good teams that will never get anywhere near the first team and are quite content to sit on their arses cream it in instead of going out on loan and showing what they can do.

Guest We are Leeds

How many Celtic or Barca youth players are at an average Championship team at 23 with Premier League teams after him? If he is good enough to get to Celtic or Barca he will only do it with first team experience, which he could get at Livingstone and then Leeds a lot easier than Barca and Celtic. There's not a lot he can do about his national team tbf :laugh: