Megson on Radio Sheffield

Guest SpiderBoy

Guest SpiderBoy

Sorry if this has already been posted

Megson refused to confirm or deny that we had bid for Le Fondre

The Mellor deal definitely dead.

The trialist wont stay after today (cant really see the point)

We would still be searching after next saturday

Guest Reneowlsup

Sorry if this has already been posted

Megson refused to confirm or deny that we had bid for Le Fondre

The Mellor deal definitely dead.

The trialist wont stay after today (cant really see the point)

We would still be searching after next saturday

I'd much rather have McDonald than Le Fondre to be honest.

I'm a tad dissapointed about the Mellor deal not coming through but I do believe that we could get someone else on a par to him.

And I am not suprised that the trialist is not staying after an uninspiring display today.

The fact that we're potentially going into the new season with only 2 strikers is a ridiculous situation. Even more so given that it's wholly obvious that one of those strikers is a million miles away from being good enough.

I don't care who is to blame and I don't care why. It's a f*cking stupid situation and it needs sorting ASAP.

Guest SpiderBoy

It was on at about 5.10 after they had waffled on about American Football and cycling for 2 hours. They had been saying it will be on in a few minutes since 3.30 - pathetic.

No link - sorry

I'd much rather have McDonald than Le Fondre to be honest.

I'm a tad dissapointed about the Mellor deal not coming through but I do believe that we could get someone else on a par to him.

And I am not suprised that the trialist is not staying after an uninspiring display today.

Agreed, would be Mcdonald over Le Fondre for me if we had the option.

To be fair to the lad on trial today, he was thrown in against Ryan Shawcross and Jonothan Woodgate, it was an uninspiring display but he may have had a better time if he had been able to get a game against Worksop under his belt.

Guest wilyfox

i really don't understand why we target players we cannot afford. Mellor, McDonald, O'Grady, Le Fondre...

what is the point. if MM only wants to spend £200k on a fee and cap wages at £5k, there's little point in persuing those guys.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Yes but not only did he say "it wasnt right to be talking about Le Fondre just yet" which seems to me an offer will be going in next week, he also said he had left 8,9,10 open for new signings, so it shows which direction the signings are going to be. sounds promising dosnt it.

Guest wilyfox

Yes but not only did he say "it wasnt right to be talking about Le Fondre just yet" which seems to me an offer will be going in next week, he also said he had left 8,9,10 open for new signings, so it shows which direction the signings are going to be. sounds promising dosnt it.

the squad numbers were a 'not so subtle' hint; but what Megson wants and what he gets don't appear to be the same. he wants players MM can't budget for.

Edited by wilyfox

Guest scott_andrew_william

No.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

i really don't understand why we target players we cannot afford. Mellor, McDonald, O'Grady, Le Fondre...

what is the point. if MM only wants to spend £200k on a fee and cap wages at £5k, there's little point in persuing those guys.

Come on, we are in league one, £5,000 per week, is £21, 600 a month, who is paying more than that, not many if any.

Anyone think paying someone £21,000 a month in this league in not enough

Guest wilyfox

Come on, we are in league one, £5,000 per week, is £21, 600 a month, who is paying more than that, not many if any.

Anyone think paying someone £21,000 a month in this league in not enough

i didn't say £5k isn't a good wage; its not good enough to procure our number one target - Mellor.

The chairman needs to get together with the manager and resolve this Me, I was never Megsons greatest fan, but the guy is honest and I can see what he is trying to build here. He has sorted our defensive problems without spending a penny, in fact with the players he's shipped out. We're probably in profit. He's not asking the earth to rebuild the attacking side of things, indeed our rivals have made significantly more investments. This approach is short sighted and will only lead to a parting of the ways. More upheaval and considerably more expense.

The chairman needs to get together with the manager and resolve this Me, I was never Megsons greatest fan, but the guy is honest and I can see what he is trying to build here. He has sorted our defensive problems without spending a penny, in fact with the players he's shipped out. We're probably in profit. He's not asking the earth to rebuild the attacking side of things, indeed our rivals have made significantly more investments. This approach is short sighted and will only lead to a parting of the ways. More upheaval and considerably more expense.

Sadly, I have to agree.

I appreciate the fact that we are trying to run to a strict budget and not run up a load of debt.

However, we aren't going to get promoted with this current squad.

Guest utOwlz

Did i read that twice or did i read that twice? :blink: flip it il have another beer.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

No i dont think we are good enough to go up either, but you never know, we only need to bring in a couple of top players and everything will look different again, there is still a week to go...