Jason Koumas

I remember reading amongst the endless rumours and ITK post this summer that Koumas would come to us if no interest from championship clubs arose. I am sure it said that he would give it until 1 week before the season started which is today. Could he be our new number 8?

I remember reading amongst the endless rumours and ITK post this summer that Koumas would come to us if no interest from championship clubs arose. I am sure it said that he would give it until 1 week before the season started which is today. Could he be our new number 8?

I'm going out on a limb and saying no.

What does KFC dude say?

He was in nando's last night, I told him that KFC was the place to be, but he said he didn't want to raise suspicion and when the contract is sorted he will make KFC his first port of call :biggrin:

Guest BoomTownOwls

Well all I know is that if we don't sign Koumas there is absolutely no way that we will score the 92.19 goals that I have calculated we need to go up.

Guest scott_andrew_william

We won't get Koumas and we won't get Mellor. We won't get COG, and we won't get COD.

I haven't heard Koumas being linked with any other clubs all summer.( which i'm surprised at) he is a quality player. I just think if (and it is a big if as i dont really have any clue what goes on behind the scene at a football club) the stumbling block on any Mellor deal is wages i just cant see us smashing our wage structure for Koumas. I'm not saying i wouldn't love to see Koumas in a wednesday shirt as i would cream at this, if Mellor wont drop 3k a week or whatever's been touted about i cant see Koumas dropping alot more than that to come and play league 1 football.

I haven't heard Koumas being linked with any other clubs all summer.( which i'm surprised at) he is a quality player. I just think if (and it is a big if as i dont really have any clue what goes on behind the scene at a football club) the stumbling block on any Mellor deal is wages i just cant see us smashing our wage structure for Koumas. I'm not saying i wouldn't love to see Koumas in a wednesday shirt as i would cream at this, if Mellor wont drop 3k a week or whatever's been touted about i cant see Koumas dropping alot more than that to come and play league 1 football.

Maybe we need Mellor to accept less so we can afford to pay Koumas more?

yeah right

The main difference being Mellor already has a contract, Koumas currently has no income.

Guest thekelch

He said he saw Cody McDonald going into McDonalds.

I really hope all of our new signings don't actually eat in fast food joints, I'd be much happier if someone claimed to have seen them at a Yo Sushi or Juice Bar ...

The main difference being Mellor already has a contract, Koumas currently has no income.

This is where i've been a bit of a numpty i never took into account that Koumas was a free agent.Maybe a way to make it work is a big signing on fee to top up weekly wages and something like a 1year rolling contract? Its still strange that he's not been linked with another club. I still cant see us pulling that signing off but if we do i'd happily eat the sponsor from my new home shirt. Oh hang on it still hasn't arrived yet!!!! lol

Guest scott_andrew_william

I really hope all of our new signings don't actually eat in fast food joints, I'd be much happier if someone claimed to have seen them at a Yo Sushi or Juice Bar ...

Big Leon eats babies.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

We won't get Koumas and we won't get Mellor. We won't get COG, and we won't get COD.

Ane we won't get Amond and you won't get Claire Tully....

My mate recons blunts are in for Koumas.

After I stopped laughing I went and got my lunch.