Mellor

Guest phill1982

Guest phill1982

Im getting annoyed with all the mellor loving that is going around. Yes he scored 20 goals, but how many times did he score when he played? 3 and 4 goal hauls in 1 match against inept opposition leave a false goals tally at the end of the season. He is a decent league 1 striker who we should be no longer pursuing if he will not accept the wages that we think he is worth. I will not lose any sleep if he doesnt sign. If he was that good, why didnt he play 46 games??????

Guest wednesday_lass

He scored 20 goals in a struggling side with virtually no midfield service. And your point about, 'why didn't he play 46 games', that just emphasises the point that he scored 20 goals without playing as often had he would have liked to. He's a natural goalscorer and formed a good partnership with young Madine. Completely ran the show against Tranmere...

Guest totemowl
Im getting annoyed with all the mellor loving that is going around.  Yes he scored 20 goals, but how many times did he score when he played? 3 and 4 goal hauls in 1 match against inept opposition leave a false goals tally at the end of the season.  He is a decent league 1 striker who we should be no longer pursuing if he will not accept the wages that we think he is worth.  I will not lose any sleep if he doesnt sign.  If he was that good, why didnt he play 46 games??????

Oh good. Someone with an doable alternative.

Please explain your wise and wonderful solution.

Guest phill1982

He scored 20 goals in a struggling side with virtually no midfield service. And your point about, 'why didn't he play 46 games', that just emphasises the point that he scored 20 goals without playing as often had he would have liked to. He's a natural goalscorer and formed a good partnership with young Madine. Completely ran the show against Tranmere...

Tranmere. Exactly.

Guest foreverSWFC

If we can sign him better than anyone else i think we can afford.

However, fed up of chasing him around when other targets could slip away. Either sign him ASAP or move on.

Im getting annoyed with all the mellor loving that is going around. Yes he scored 20 goals, but how many times did he score when he played? 3 and 4 goal hauls in 1 match against inept opposition leave a false goals tally at the end of the season. He is a decent league 1 striker who we should be no longer pursuing if he will not accept the wages that we think he is worth. I will not lose any sleep if he doesnt sign. If he was that good, why didnt he play 46 games??????

You can only play against the opposition put in front of you.

And I didn't see anyone else pulling up any trees when he wasn't in the side.

Guest wednesday_lass

Tranmere. Exactly.

Yeah..the same Tranmere who beat us 3-0 in earlier fixture :mellow:

any player who scores 20 in a season when, as you put it , didn't play 46 games is worth stumping up a bit more cash for.

Guest phill1982

Oh good. Someone with an doable alternative.

Please explain your wise and wonderful solution.

the solution is, someone who wants to play for the club, not a weighty wage packet and if that means getting a lesser player (although i dont think it would) so be it. Anyone wondering why Preston want rid if hes so good?

Guest wednesday_lass

the solution is, someone who wants to play for the club, not a weighty wage packet and if that means getting a lesser player (although i dont think it would) so be it. Anyone wondering why Preston want rid if hes so good?

They don't want rid...

but every club has a price that they'd sell a player for...we've met that price.

because they couldnt afford his wages.

just because a team wants rid doesnt mean they are no good - We have taken Jones, Bennett, Prutton and Semedo, who have all looked excellent.

Guest totemowl

Someone??? So you don't have anyone in mind.

Guest phill1982

WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK WE'RE PLAYING NEXT SEASON, BARCELONA?!

Proven scorers against good sides are required aswell, not just against numpties

Guest phill1982

Yeah..the same Tranmere who beat us 3-0 in earlier fixture :mellow:

any player who scores 20 in a season when, as you put it , didn't play 46 games is worth stumping up a bit more cash for.

Its funny how at the start of the season when he was poo nobody was moaning that he wasnt in the team

Where have you been for the last 50 odd years! All players want the heftiest wage packet they can get. Few players (if any) are willing to take a pay cut and for Mellor to come here that is exactly what he has to do. Tell you what, let's get your boss to reduce your wages by a third and see if you are happy with it!

Groundhog day indeed!