Gary Roberts to Hull

Guest Cottingham owl

Guest Cottingham owl

It's just been on our local radio sports update that hull are to offer a deal worth 450k for Gary Roberts. I didn't catch all of the story but we weren't even mentioned in the notes says they face competition from Saints and Brighton but it is rumoured he would like to stay in Yorkshire.

I will try and find some sort of link and post it for the full story

Guest Cottingham owl

Sorry blue in future I will let you have a day or two of excitement before I burst your bubble haha

Guest Cottingham owl

Maybe is the rumour is true about him wanting to stay in Yorkshire we could still be in with a chance if we match the fee and wages?!?

I said the same, surely we can match hull on wages and the transfer fee shouldn't be a problem. Just because we weren't mentioned doesn't mean we are out of the running we just haven't made our interest public yet

Guest Ripley Owl

You couldn't just let us enjoy the thought of us getting a decent player could you lol

Not even just for a couple if hours :wink:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wanted, creative midfielders and strikers for a solid Div 1 club seeking promotion.

Applicants must be tricky, skillful, rapid, with an eye for goal.

Must be prepared to work hard for the team and like grey kits. Criminal records must be declared as they will be investigated thoroughly.

Anyone seeking a Championship club or Div 1 competitive wages need not apply.

Please send your CV and print outs from Prozone and Soccerbase.com along with an edited video from Youtube.

Closing date two weeks ago but extended due to circumstances prevailing.

will have to push the boat out now and get someone quick time is running out

Transfer activity over the next few weeks will pick up slowly then go mental.

The upside is that those players not available so far, or those who were weighing up their options, will now start committing themselves to new clubs and we might have a better opportinity of bringing someone in.

The downside, as things get competitive and more

desperate, is that prices will be pushed up.

Just think where we would be if we hadn't all bought our season tickets early in order to put ourselves in pole position for the best players available this summer.

Very cynical but very true. You want to watch out posting such subversive mutterings on her - the happy clapping gestapo will be after you!