Only 5 Subs in FL Games Now

Also passed a motion to seek permission from UEFA to abolish the transfer window. All clubs voted in favour of scrapping it.

Now that's a step forward. Don't get me wrong I love the excietment/disbelief of the transfer window, but with clubs on the verge of extinction season after season, the opportunity to sell as you like is needed.

Edited by Anthndav

Crazy move just something else to hold back yout development in this country.

With 7 subs you can have 1/2 kids on the bench and depending on the score perhaps give them 20/25mins 1st team experience, how many managers will take the risk of putting untried youngsters on the bench now?

Aren't the kids better playing in the academy until they are ready to play in the match 16? We have no reserve team and the academy play saturdays too, so in theory your best academy players would be playing no match football at all. Just bench warming till the manager thinks we are far enough infront to give them a run.

If their good enough they will get their chance, if their not, they probably won't.

Aren't the kids better playing in the academy until they are ready to play in the match 16? We have no reserve team and the academy play saturdays too, so in theory your best academy players would be playing no match football at all. Just bench warming till the manager thinks we are far enough infront to give them a run.

If their good enough they will get their chance, if their not, they probably won't.

But they can't play for the academy from 18/19 onwards, so what about development from 19/21?

I wonder if this ruling will affect our transfer strategy As a big club I would imagine we'd have been happier to leave things as they were. With two strikers and a winger introduced from the bench we could potentially change a game. Now we'll probably have just the one on the bench, unless we risk not naming a keeper, so will we need the 4 strikers?

Good news for possible transfer dealings.

For example ( though I think this signing is long gone) is Lloyd Dyer going to force his way into the team when he's unlikely to make the bench

Guest Stereophonics

7 subs but two of them have to be from your academy - could work..

This is the point that I was going to suggest.