Danny Batth

I went on the Wolves forum a couple of weeks back to ask what they thought of the lad and if they thought he would be loaned out again next season, a lot of them didn't know much about him and hadn't seen him play much, and nearly all of them said they didn't think he was ready for their first team and that they would be happy for him to come back to us as he enjoyed it here and got first team football.

He played for them if their 3-2 win over Walsall the other day and they all seem pretty impressed with him - My link

I know some of you don't want him back as we have quite a few CB's now, more than enough cover incase of injury, but i would like to see him back. Him and Jones in the middle would be my prefered choice if he did come. I always have a little cringe moment when the ball is flying towards Rada, he deals with most pretty well and is a big physical lad but i've seen him make quite a few school boy errors, and Beevers for that matter.

I know we need to stengthen in other area's which are much more important at the moment, but if the chance comes to bring back Batth i would be over the moon if we take it.

Guest Sheff Owl

As i have just said exactly in another thread..

Are we gonna get confirmation what the hell is going on with Batth? (we were told have to wait until part way through pre - season for an answer)

We have heard GM over the past few days in various interviews asked about Mellor/O'Grady yet nobody has asked him regarding Batth.

It would just be nice to put it to bed either way!

They'll almost certainly loan him out because of the squad system, and I'd love him to come back here and I'm sure the player would like to return as well.

However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wolves would rather loan him to a Championship club to see how he gets on in that division as the next stage of his development, rather than send him to League One again.

Although I like Batth, and I thought he did well for us last season, I'd rather us concentrate on signing a new winger and striker.

We've got plenty of defenders, and I'm sure that one of either Buxton, Beevers, Reynolds or R. Johnson can step up and partner Rob Jones at CB.

McCarthy made a committment to all his up and coming youngsters that he would give them all a chance during pre-season to impress and stake a claim. They have been given the chance to get in the first team squad.

McCarthy was adamant that they would all get a fair chance to impress.

He said recently that after he's seen all the youngsters over the pre-season, he would then decide who he could afford to loan out i.e. who still needed to develop a little further. He would then inform those managers who have expressed an interest in loaning his players if a loan deal could be done.

He's still in the middle of his evaluation process.

The question for us is can we wait, and in the centre back position, I'd suggest the answer is yes. It is the striker and creative positions we need to fill sharpish imho

I live in Wolverhampton so obviously have loads of wolves mates....they all rate him, but they all agree that he's not ready for the step up to premier league level just yet. I still think there is a strong chance that we'll get him back even if it's more of a short term loan rather than season long