Sign in to follow this  
dave110285

Adam le fondre

i'm not sure he would. i was a fan of Tudgay so i'm not knocking him; he's more of a second-striker linking with midfield than a prolific centre-forward.

He managed 14 in the Championship for us. I think he would score for fun in league 2 and also offer more to the team.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

He managed 14 in the Championship for us. I think he would score for fun in league 2 and also offer more to the team.

i don't think its a fair assumption to say that lower league = more goals for Tudgay. if he doesn't play as a centre-forward (and he rarely did for us) he's unlikely to score 20+ because he wont get in the sort of positions to do so.

besides, we brought Jeffers from the prem assuming he'd produce in a league lower. Eeeek!!

we brought Clinton from the champ assuming he'd score goals for fun. Eeeeeeek!!

see a pattern emerging...?

Edited by wilyfox

Tudgay would be the best player in the entire division at L2. Alf isn't fit to lace his boots.

We have released Heffernan, why sign alf?!?

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

i don't think its a fair assumption to say that lower league = more goals for Tudgay. if he doesn't play as a centre-forward (and he rarely did for us) he's unlikely to score 20+ because he wont get in the sort of positions to do so.

besides, we brought Jeffers from the prem assuming he'd produce in a league lower. Eeeek!!

we brought Clinton from the champ assuming he'd score goals for fun. Eeeeeeek!!

see a pattern emerging...?

When was the last time Jeffers scored 14 in a season? Clinton isn't playing 2 leagues below where he last scored 10+.

You are right, if Tudgay was played as a keeper in league 2 he might not score at all.

I don't know what the point in this argument is, but Tudgay is better than Le Fondre.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Tudgay would be the best player in the entire division at L2. Alf isn't fit to lace his boots.

We have released Heffernan, why sign alf?!?

What?

What's Heffernan got to do with anything?

I was someone who backed Heffernan to the hilt last season when he was continuously getting overlooked. But the face remains, whenever Heffernan was given his chance, he didn't deliver.

Heffernan was released because gary megson didn't rate him. gary megson obviously rates Adam Le Fondre. And that's the end of the matter really.

Not too mention the fact, that if Le Fondre comes here and does well, his value will be massive compared to the sum were likely to pay. Of course there's an element of risk in signing someone like Le Fondre, but for potential resale value, I can't think of anyone in the Football League who offers such a massive margin.

He's already got a reputation of been a natural goalscorer. The fact that he's only done it at League Two level is clearly putting clubs off. Any club that signs him, knows full well, that if he scores goals, his value will at least treble within 12 -18 months.

There might be technically more gifted players, or players who seem a "safer bet," but in terms of future valuations, Le Fondre is one player who offers huge potential.

As a side note, Cody McDonald seems to be another player with the similar sort of potential in resale value.

P.S. I'm also not particularly "pro-ALF" I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he'll be a good signing or not. But going on his phenomenal goals record, and his obvious financial implications...it's clear to see why Megson and perhaps more crucially, Mandaric would be very interested in him, assuming they've done their homework, the like Le Fondre as a player.

Edited by frastheowl
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

When was the last time Jeffers scored 14 in a season? Clinton isn't playing 2 leagues below where he last scored 10+.

You are right, if Tudgay was played as a keeper in league 2 he might not score at all.

I don't know what the point in this argument is, but Tudgay is better than Le Fondre.

you started an argument over a hypothetical scenario that has no foundation. stepping down a division does not necessarily mean superior quality will shine through. not once did i say Le Fondre was better than Tudgay. useless tw@ts tend to hear what they want to hear...

Edited by wilyfox
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Le Fondre is so unbelievably overrated on here. He's poo !

I not sure how anyone can make such a sweeping statement about a player that has consistantly scored goals for the last 4 seasons. LIke many on here, I do wonder why not other team has already taken the chance on him but I wouldn't say that he's poo !

• Agree 3

I not sure how anyone can make such a sweeping statement about a player that has consistantly scored goals for the last 4 seasons. LIke many on here, I do wonder why not other team has already taken the chance on him but I wouldn't say that he's poo !

:laugh:

Le Fondre is not a League 1 player, and yes he's scored.. But his overall play is dire.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

you started an argument over a hyperthetical scenario that has no foundation. stepping down a division does not necessarily mean superior quality will shine through. not once did i say Le Fondre was better than Tudgay. useless tw@ts tend to hear what they want to hear...

What's your problem?

I disagreed with you, I didn't 'start an argument' at all.

No, a drop doesn't necessitate that the better player will shine through, but what better way to judge who would be better in a certain league than the quality of the player?

Give over being a knob.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 3

Le Fondre is not a League 1 player, and yes he's scored.. But his overall play is dire.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Why would Wednesday put bid in for Le Fondre 300K lower than the previous one which was rejected which came from Sflaphorpe ????

It's a silly rumour i reckon..

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

18 page thread on Le Fondre....

**** me....

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Chris Wood is the man to get hold of, he's a real talent and will do well given a full season to produce the goods.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I'd rather save the £200k and invest that on Mellor's wages for 2 years.

• Disagree 1

I can see both sides of the debate, but all in all im 110% sure he would be better than some of the poo we have had in the past decade. If we don't get him there is no big loss, we could get players with a better value for money. If we do get him then our opinions should be focused on what he does for us and we should get behind the lad, not comparing him to others.

• Agree 1

Oh for crying out loud, once and for all I'm not paying 500k for LeFonder

Oops I mean swfc will not pay 500k for LeFondre :biggrin:

I'd rather save the £200k and invest that on Mellor's wages for 2 years.

Mellor scored most of his goals either against poor sides or in the cup, his goal scoring generally in the league is nothing to write home about, Mackail Smith nearly quadroupled Mellors league tally.

Why would Wednesday put bid in for Le Fondre 300K lower than the previous one which was rejected which came from Sflaphorpe ????

It's a silly rumour i reckon..

Sflaphorpe offered 200k and were told to get lost, we offered 200k (alledgedly) to register an interest, so if anyone offers more the player might think hang let's see wit swfc are going to do

Mellor scored most of his goals either against poor sides or in the cup, his goal scoring generally in the league is nothing to write home about, Mackail Smith nearly quadroupled Mellors league tally.

Mackail Smith is more than quadrouple Mellor's transfer valuation.