Guest leg-end-ary

It does make me laugh when the pigs try and have a debate about debt.

Mandaric is a business man, what ever he puts into the owls he will only get back if we become sucessful i.e in the Premiership.

He bought us for £1 but then paid roughly £7m to clear the debt. He has since put money in for transfers and subsidising the wage budget as well as paying off smaller creaditors. I would think he has put in around £11m but he did say missing out on promotion last season will cost him another £4m.

If he invests £40m and we make it to the Premiership and he sells us for £80m then he has doubled his money it's not like we will still owe him the £40m.

The blades are in a much worse situation. £57m in debt to Mcacbe, he wants to sell for £30m and keep Bramhall Lane to cover the rest he is owed. No one will ever pay that until they are premiership bound and that is a long way off!

According to Robson, if we get to the Premier League we'll be worth between £300m to £350m so a £40m out lay by Mandaric could well prove to be very good business.

The bottom line in terms of this thread is that your work mate is wrong. We're not nor have we ever been £96m in debt.

All you need to do is tell him he's wrong and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing just how wrong he is. If he tries to convince you otherwise, just laugh at him.

Guest Distraught!

flip the imaginary debts!

Let's get back to finding a few new players and digging a way out of this shitty league!

Guest christheowl

iv got some 'know it all' on footy mad claiming 'As for the who owns SWFC bit, you said MM did. he doesnt. Now, rather than find out who does, you get all snotty. But to spell it out for you yet again, the shares transferred from the PLC were aqcuired by MM's offshore set up which is owned by what MM refers to as a family trust, in a tax jurisdiction that does not require ownership disclosure.

If you want to know, you can check up on what I've said. If you dont, let it go and dont tell people they are wrong when in fact you are'

are all united fans thick and obsessed ?

iv got some 'know it all' on footy mad claiming 'As for the who owns SWFC bit, you said MM did. he doesnt. Now, rather than find out who does, you get all snotty. But to spell it out for you yet again, the shares transferred from the PLC were aqcuired by MM's offshore set up which is owned by what MM refers to as a family trust, in a tax jurisdiction that does not require ownership disclosure.

If you want to know, you can check up on what I've said. If you dont, let it go and dont tell people they are wrong when in fact you are'

Just reply and say " If the owners of the trust are not disclosed, than how can you categorically say that he doesn't own us?"

Or just not bother going on Bladesmad anyway - its full of idiots.

Just reply and say " If the owners of the trust are not disclosed, than how can you categorically say that he doesn't own us?"

Or just not bother going on Bladesmad anyway - its full of idiots.

indeed

the argument is irrelevant anyway, all that will matter is : when we meet them on the pitch and the result

Financially their pigeons will come home to roost one day -who bloody cares?

Guest christheowl

its on owlsmad

his original post

'Including the ones on here who didnt even watch the programme but have an opinion anyway

£57 Million. Taken as gospel as its on the TV. Do you believe Dr Who exists as well?

Lets assume the figure is correct though. This figure, and many more like it, were bandied about and discussed on here some months ago, So its a rehasned story, nothing more.

One other point though, as most of the money is owed to McCabe, and the prevailing financial wisdom on here is that you "cant owe money to yourself", the Blades are, like you lot "debt free" Or does that only work one way?

Foriegn owners

Mmmmm. I mean MM ! Who is the ultimate owner of SWFC Ltd. None of us know because Meelan wont tell you and has set it up, err, offshore (the tax planning of the devil when it comes to McCabe) where it doesnt need to be disclosed.

Showing people around the ground.

A well known broker of football clubs is shown around the ground by one of the McCabes. Shock horror, it must be dodgy. Fancy being taken in etc etc.

Note no build up on the official site, no leaks on a fans forum that investors were coming to the next match, no press releases on cheap websites by said "investors" No "this man is the real deal" claims by the chairman. No flying them in from overseas to wave at the fans. In fact no mention of it anywhere. Which way would any serious businessman choose to do it I ask. Qiuetly, one to one, or in the full view of the adoring sheep who await yet another takeover doomed to fail.

Due diligence.

Les and Parker claimed they had done due diligence on the Cartwright Family that were Cloud 9 Sports. But they seemingly didnt know that their address was an office rented by the hour, that the website was concocted by the US equivalent of Helmut whilst at work for other people and the phone system was an automated answering service that no human ever picked up.

Now United have said they would have done the due diligence had the deal gone any further, as opposed to the failed SunGod at S6 who categorically stated that it HAD been done on C9S, even though it failed to pick up they were a bunch of chancers without a pot to p155 in.

Dodgy owners.

One brief question. Is McCabe currently in court facing criminal charges, or has he been for the last, ooh, kets say seven weeks? Feel free to answer Rumpoles!

Laugh as much as you want boys, it doesnt even compare to the shambles at S6 and I havent even got onto Sheard and other w@nkfests you all had, Chris Turner (who was it saw him drinking champagne in Bradfield ) Spencer Fearn etc etc etc.

So many on here live in fantasy land, Banno talks of Megson watching his Dad in front of 50000 crowds before he was born, someone else reminises about watching a forward line that never ever played together and the latest is someone whos most vivid memory is of a truly memorable game but he didnt know the final score.

Fill your boots piggies

I'll happily take having to pay out a few mil to the coffin-dodgers if it means we get back where we belong.

I believe it's only Dave Allen that is still owed a flat £750,000 once we're promoted to the Premiership, all the other debts were settled at the time of takeover.

Not suggesting anything dodgy is going off (we wouldn't know if it was anyway), but we are owned by a US company which doesn't disclose any of its owners.

Edited by Dan™

I know owls owe money out but if you start mentioning names it jeapordises people. But trust me its not all over yet, with some business.

We've had this crap before.

Rather unsurprisingly, the last poster wouldn't supply any names, details or information either.

Sheffield United owe someone £500 million. But i can't say who told me because they'll get in trouble. It's easy to make poo poo up when you don't have to justify it isn't it? :rolleyes:

mate that's uncalled for I work with unemployed people who are desperate to work.

just put scum that 'will work' :laugh:

Some want work some don't - I know too many who don't want to work so I have a bit of ill feeling towards them.

but yeah, scum all the same!!!

Belive what you want. But the club does. And mm is doing all he can so he can get out of paying them. Remember he his a business man so saying he owes money isn't good for business. So while he does not have to pay anthing, he owes nothing. But there are people knocking on his door wanting their money. I hope this sounds better than accusing of owing money but to say they are still hatchets to bury yet.