Looking at the table before a game has been played...

Guest Owl30

Guest Owl30

On paper you would think we stand a decent chance at winning this league this coming season if we can add a few more signings to the ranks.

Even with those "other" signings does it strike you that Wednesday will make it as difficult as possible, have we ever done anything easy, Hartlepool in Cardiff an example.

I just hope Megson can instil that winning mentality into the players and make them a "league winning" side.

The clock is ticking, we have been in the doldrums for long enough, the finance is there, the players want to join (all be it for the a certain amount of money) it really is time to do the business.

I think that we are in danger of getting sucked into league one mentally

megson needs to instil the thought in the players heads that we are in a minnow league and we are giants

There's no reason why we can't. This is a sh*t division and the teams who get out of it will be the teams that can get themselves organised and perform consistently over the course of a season. In terms of signings it only takes a handful of well considered buys in the right areas to get you up.

We're 2 or 3 attacking players away from being ready to mount a promotion push in my opinion. Hopefully we can resolve the issues regarding O'Grady and Mellor within the week and that puts us in a strong position.

Guest intercity0wl

On paper you would think we stand a decent chance at winning this league this coming season if we can add a few more signings to the ranks.

Even with those "other" signings does it strike you that Wednesday will make it as difficult as possible, have we ever done anything easy, Hartlepool in Cardiff an example.

I just hope Megson can instil that winning mentality into the players and make them a "league winning" side.

The clock is ticking, we have been in the doldrums for long enough, the finance is there, the players want to join (all be it for the a certain amount of money) it really is time to do the business.

Last season was hopefully the last time i will see a Wednesday side that is supposedly the best in the league, ON PAPER.

As it stands we will be tougher, more organised and generally harder to beat. We still seem to be lacking a bit of pace and guile which would elevate us to genuine promotion challengers. As we know the identity of three of our four remaining targets, probably Barth, Mellor and O'Grady, there's a lot riding on the mystery fourth to supply both the missing ingredients. Good solid upper mid table side I reckon.

Teams like Charlton and Huddersfield obviously stand out as being strong. Moreso Huddersfield as Charlton seem to lack a bit of defensive balance in my opinion.

Scunny and PNE will also be strong. The blades have the potential to be depending on whats happening off the pitch and I think Oldham could be dark horses this season. I think we have a big job on but hopefully we can make the top six.

As it stands we will be tougher, more organised and generally harder to beat. We still seem to be lacking a bit of pace and guile which would elevate us to genuine promotion challengers. As we know the identity of three of our four remaining targets, probably Barth, Mellor and O'Grady, there's a lot riding on the mystery fourth to supply both the missing ingredients. Good solid upper mid table side I reckon.

with the present side we'd struggle to score enough to get as high as we finished last term...

with the additions we expect...

you're spot on for me...

megson's grit, and guile may push us to a play off place, or come christmas if we're in contention, we bring a handful of better players in...