100% CORRECT, BACK HIM NOW

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Im usually very laid back as far as the signing of new players is concerned, but can only imagine the frustration GM must be feling with the lack of players being brought in with only three weeks to go till the big KO.

There is also another article in the Star this morning saying just about the same as this Yorkshire post one, one, im very surprised that we seem to be a bit more carefull cash wise than i expected, what with the money MM has already lost by being in this division another season.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/we_need_players_i_want_or_no_point_me_being_here_1_3584814

Guest intercity0wl

Im usually very laid back as far as the signing of new players is concerned, but can only imagine the frustration GM must be feeling with the lack of players being brought into the Club with only three weeks to go till the big KO.

There is also another article in the Star this morning saying just about the same as this Yorkshire post one, one, im very surprised that we seem to be a bit more carefull cash wise than i expected, what with the money MM has already lost by being in this division another season.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/we_need_players_i_want_or_no_point_me_being_here_1_3584814

Edited by intercity0wl

Got to speculate to accumulate.

Not fair on lol to have him slash the wage bill - and then not give him the necessary backing in the transfer market.

This squad is simply not good enough to get us promoted at the moment.

Guest Big Guns

looks like its hand in the wallet time methinks, if Milan wants promotion he is going to have to spend '

Exactly this

Unfortunately the squad inherited by Megson was far too big, lacked any sort of balance and all players were in contracts. I for one am amazed that we've managed to cut as much as we have, which will now at least allow us to compete with getting players in and not going over our budgets.

I'm delighted Milan is keeping a tight reign on it as I don't want us to get into the same position we were in before Milan came in. The thing what's really irritated me was Milan backed our manager in January with a very large amount of cash and it was simple wasted, apart from the Madine signing, by Irvine. That's Milan mistake so far, keeping and backing Irvine, although I can fully understand why he did so, so no blame attached really.

It will take time to get it right, but I still expect us to be challenging up around the top six all season. I fully expect us to have 3/4 new players in by kick off and I'm sure Milan will back Megson throughout the season in the loan market and in January when the window re-opens.

Some people need to have some patience. As the saying goes... Rome wasn't built in a day.

We had to knock our rumbleer down first, then start building though, which has made it harder and more expensive.

Guest Big Guns

He will be pissed if he gets the sack its obvious this team will be hard to beat but won't create much I can see a lot of low scoring draws

He's right though, it's going to do us no good at all to delay these signings. If we can afford to buy them and can afford their wages then what's the point in playing hardball and haggling. Get them in so he can work with them and let's see where it takes us.

Having just read that report it's clear that megson is frustrated & rightly so IMHO. it is ok saying we are going to have a go at promotion but the chairman has to be realistic & give the manager the tools to go out & do that. I don't believe that current squad will get us promoted although I did not think Brighton would walk away with the league & I can't name one player in that side, so it's not simply down to money. The other thing to consider is that if & when we pick up injuries we could be seriously short for quality cover.

Come on Milan, make it happen.

At the end of last season we all knew certain players had to go, those players have gone. We also knew the squad had to be cut from 29 to 23 that's 6 players that were never going to be replaced. Megsons initial list was 6 players, when he added another 3 although I was excited about the thought of 9 new players and the dross going out, I also worried about integrating so many knew players.

The players have gone and we've brought in 4 to make the defensive side solid, now we need some attacking options. I think realistically we can expect 3 before the start of the season, then another 1 before the window shuts.

The big business will be done in January when we know where we are at, that will push us over the finish line and maybe that's why Milan is keeping his powder dry at the moment.

Yes I am trying to be optimistic and hopefull :biggrin:

At the end of last season we all knew certain players had to go, those players have gone. We also knew the squad had to be cut from 29 to 23 that's 6 players that were never going to be replaced. Megsons initial list was 6 players, when he added another 3 although I was excited about the thought of 9 new players and the dross going out, I also worried about integrating so many knew players.

The players have gone and we've brought in 4 to make the defensive side solid, now we need some attacking options. I think realistically we can expect 3 before the start of the season, then another 1 before the window shuts.

The big business will be done in January when we know where we are at, that will push us over the finish line and maybe that's why Milan is keeping his powder dry at the moment.

Yes I am trying to be optimistic and hopefull :biggrin:

Exactlly....the season and promotion isn't won or lost in the first six weeks. We need to alter the culture in the squad...become much harder to beat and build confidence around that. Plenty of time to bring in the 3 or 4 signings needed when thnigs have settled.

I still expect a couple more but getting promoted is about getting through a long season and being there at the end. All very frustrating but patience and slow development brings much greater and sustained rewards.

Guest intercity0wl

Exactlly....the season and promotion isn't won or lost in the first six weeks. We need to alter the culture in the squad...become much harder to beat and build confidence around that. Plenty of time to bring in the 3 or 4 signings needed when thnigs have settled.

I still expect a couple more but getting promoted is about getting through a long season and being there at the end. All very frustrating but patience and slow development brings much greater and sustained rewards.

Correct, but a managers job might be lost during this time, and so the roundabout would start its merry trip again.

If a chairman spends too much he gets lambasted.

If a chairman spends too little he gets lambasted.

Milan is walking a tight rope as all chairmen do. Give him a bit of time and stop getting your knickers in a twist and i think we will be just fine come the opening day of the season.

Whereas I don't want us to rack up huge debts again we have to get out of this league. Bit of a chicken and egg catch 22 type thing really. Better players cost more money, thats the bottom line. We have to hope Milan sees this and backs GM for some striking options, cos at the moment we ain't going anywhere

I bet Milan is kicking himself for not following his instincts and sacking Irvine earlier. I think normally he would have done, but part of the reason he didn't was because of his past reputation.

Megson needs a minimum of 3 more quality players before he has the basis of a competitive squad. Not having these players already during pre-season is bound to have affected his preparations.