Chris O'Grady

Guest gotcha_Owls

Guest gotcha_Owls

Rochdale have rejected a bid from Sheffield Wednesday for striker Chris O'Grady, skysports.com understands.

Guest UTO90

Surely we can get better than this lad? 9 goals last season in a team that nearly made the play offs is poor. But Megson knows more than us so we should trust his judgment

good

Completely agree with this. His record is hardly anything to shout about. There must be dozens of players who have been on loan at 10 clubs and done nothing. Been at 4 clubs full time and only managed 1 competent season in the 4th tier of football and 9 goals last season in our league (where mellor scored 13 and is seen by many to not be good enough). No thank you from me. Please can we try harder?

good, cos hes gash

Why would Megson want to spend £200k+ of Milan's money on a gash player?

I'm just throwing this out there, but maybe Megson doesn't think he's gash? Sorry to say, but I trust Megson's judgement more than, well, everyone who posts on Owlstalk.

Not exactly prolific is he. I'll hold my hands up and say I know next to nothing about him. What sort of player is he?

He seems to fit Megson's style being big and built like a tank though. Every single player he has signed as been 6ft+.

From reading their forums their fans really rate him and are laughing at us for only judging him on goals return. They don't want him to leave.

Not exactly prolific is he. I'll hold my hands up and say I know next to nothing about him. What sort of player is he?

He seems to fit Megson's style being big and built like a tank though. Every single player he has signed as been 6ft+.

Played most of the season as a winger apparently.

He scored 9 whilst playing out wide last season yet folk on here are assuming we are trying to sign him as a striker.

Just a thought but maybe Megson wants him to continue playing out wide.

I can see him fitting in if we play 4 3 3 with JJ one side GM in the middle and Ogrady on the other side.It does seem to make a little sense when it looks like we are going to have a midfield mainly made up of defensive hard working midfielders.

Edited by curren

From reading their forums their fans really rate him and are laughing at us for only judging him on goals return. They don't want him to leave.

Do you have a link? I'd love to see what they say about him.

Played most of the season as a winger apparently.

Not such a bad return then.

He scored 9 whilst playing out wide last season yet folk on here are assuming we are trying to sign him as a striker.

Just a thought but maybe Megson wants him to continue playing out wide.

I can see him fitting in if we play 4 4 3 with JJ one side GM in the middle and Ogrady on the other side.It does seem to make a little sense when it looks like we are going to have a midfield mainly made up of defensive hard working midfielders.

I want us to play 4 4 3 aswell. :biggrin: