Sheffield Wednesday V FC Nolva Novgorod

Guest Saturday Owl

I was talking to one of my Russian friends about this team the other day, she says that they haven't had a player worth over €1m since 2010 so maybe they won't be so good after all?

Unless they are really good... then we can just take all their best players on the cheap biggrin.gif

Wow, a whole year?

Interested to see how we will line up formation wise.We will see Prutton and Samedo both playing a holding roll as GM has illuded to. Will we therfore go with 2 wingers and 2 strikers in a 442 or will it be an attackcking mid, 2 midfielders and 1 striker in a 4231.

Excited to get the preseason underway, would be nice to win but it is just important for the players to get to play in the manner that GM will be wanting from us this season.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Presuming that we are going to play 4-2-3-1.

Prutton and Semedo will be the two sitting midfielders.

Who will get the central creative role? O'Connor? :biggrin: I hope he manages to find the marauding runs of Sedgwick otherwise Madine will get no service :angry:

Guest peteowl106

Presuming that we are going to play 4-2-3-1.

Prutton and Semedo will be the two sitting midfielders.

Who will get the central creative role? O'Connor? :biggrin: I hope he manages to find the marauding runs of Sedgwick otherwise Madine will get no service :angry:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: +1 for that

These are the type of games we need to be winning by 5 or 6 goals at least. Does anyone know when the flight back is and where it lands? If we don't comprehensively beat these russkies I think I'll form a welcome committee to show them how I feel. I'm practicing my BOOOOOOOOOing as I type.

This is nothing less than a must win game. It really could make or break our season. We can't let these Russians steal a march on us at the top of the league at this stage, we might never recover.

like your commitment from the off lol

yep the whole shabang rests on this in fact so does my continued subscription to player - no pressure :happy:

Since when has bloody Marc Crosas (ex celtic) played for these ! :laugh:

Hopefully we can sign a couple of their younger players if they look any good tonight, their names are quality , i want Mihăiţă Pleşan on the wing with JJ next season !

Wonder if Megson is the sort of manager who will try and bed in his best 11 as often as he can in preseason, or is he more for trying to give all the sqad lots of pitch time?

Didn't Irvine pretty much pick a different team ever Friendly last year? Saying he still didn't know his best 11?

I think this was a downfall for Irvine. It's ok for the first couple, but surely the last couple you should be looking at a settled 11? Maybe one or 2 changes?

5pm UK time? so that's 2am my time. brilliant. just under 5 hours from now. anyone fancy keeping me company to stop me from falling asleep?

Where in aus are you? im working in QLD at mo.

Wedneday to win 2-1

Wonder if Megson is the sort of manager who will try and bed in his best 11 as often as he can in preseason, or is he more for trying to give all the sqad lots of pitch time?

I don't think he's that way inclined, tbh. Kind of impressive if he achieved this though.

They'll be fitter than us, have better players than us and probably keep the ball alot better than us. So expect us to be chasing shadows for most of the game (Not a bad thing in pre season) and a comfortable defeat...

Results are not important at this stage, they're a Russian Premier League side halfway through their season....

Stadium Club - "Hillsborough" - can accommodate up to 40,000 spectators and is the largest stadium in the first division and the twelfth largest in England. The club intends to increase its capacity to 45,000 by 2012 and to 50,000 in 2016.

awesome....

Breaking news!