If we dont land mellor

Guest owlinlincs

Guest owlinlincs

I am sorry for starting one of these kind of threads but i felt a bit left out. :rolleyes:

Anyway if we dont get mellor what about Nile Ranger from the toon.He is very quick the few times i have seen him play he looked dangerous and he would fit in to this new hard squad because he served time for his part in an armed robbery or mugging or something.I dont claim to be itk or have a source or anything just offering a suggestion

Guest londonowl1

Be a good signing, but think he is quite highly thought of and no way he would drop to league 1 at this stage of his career.

Guest owlinlincs

He has got quite a long contract at newcastle and some of my family that live in the north east say that they think he needs to rough it in the leagues outside the prem and get his arse kicked for a bit.This is why i suggested it but you are probably right.Oh well never mind lol lol lol

I am sorry for starting one of these kind of threads but i felt a bit left out. :rolleyes:

Anyway if we dont get mellor what about Nile Ranger from the toon.He is very quick the few times i have seen him play he looked dangerous and he would fit in to this new hard squad because he served time for his part in an armed robbery or mugging or something.I dont claim to be itk or have a source or anything just offering a suggestion

"If we dont land mellor", no, no, no!

It's "swoop for", always, always "swoop for"; it's quite clearly stated in the footy journo's handbook. No other phrase is allowed.

Good work on the lack of a capital letter in 'mellor' though; there's always a place for such prodijus prodygus gud talent in the local press.

lol

Guest owlinlincs

It's "swoop for", always, always "swoop for"; it's quite clearly stated in the footy journo's handbook. No other phrase is allowed.

Good work on the lack of a capital letter in 'mellor' though; there's always a place for such prodijus prodygus gud talent in the local press.

lol

Give it a rest i lost my job with the news of the world the other day :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Guest owlinlincs

lol

Thats the first time i have been pulled up by the spelling/grammer/punctuation police.I feel like i belong now lol lol lol

lol

That wouldnt be right would it???

We have infact already swooped for Mellor, now we need to land him - think you need to check (or update) your Journo hand book.

lol

That wouldnt be right would it???

We have infact already swooped for Mellor, now we need to land him - think you need to check (or update) your Journo hand book.

lol

I'm disappointed in you Spookone; 'swoop' is to be used only once the deal is made; until then we're just kind of er, circling overhead, like an eagle - only more like an owl of course; they don't really circle at all do they, but the journo book doesn't exactly make it clear what owls do in such circumstances, so circling will have to do for now!

Anyway, we can definitley, maybe, in the next day or three (or more just to be on the safe side) be expecting lots more 'swooping' from the Owls!!!

Guest wilyfox

Billy Paynter and Steve Howard both have decent records at this level.

Would be suprised if we're not sniffing round them already.

Nein danke. i remember Paynter from his Southend days (my home town) - really didn't like him as a player. Howard is/was good, but too long in the tooth. besides, i don't think he has the legs to give us the movement we need upfront.

Guest UTO90

Mellor is obviously hoding out for a move to the Championship, therefore we need to move on and find someone else.

Not overly fussed either way on the lad. He scored 13 league goals last season, and in many games he was very poor.

If anything we need a striker with pace, because at the moment we have a target man in Madine, and then Morrison. Neither of them have pace, and the same applies to Mellor.

If a Chamionship does sign Mellor, it would be a poor signing. There is no chance he has the ability to score 20 in that league and my prediction is he would spend half of his team sat on someones bench