He still aint paid the Ariel Man

Guest intercity0wl

It was torture.

I honestly can't believe how divided we were as a fan base, casued though the direct actions of certain people at the time.

It was horrible.

Those that enjoyed it must have been off their trolly.

I hope we NEVER EVER have to go though that shocking perdiod and our lowest ebb, ever again.

It was spoiling everything including the match day experience.

What Brian Laws achieved whilst working under those conditions was unbbelivable imho.

he just lost the will to live at the end, and you could tell.

Absolutely this. I'm frightened and a little saddened to read that some people actually gained enjoyment out of those turbulent times.

Most of us (including me) will never know what really happened during the Sheard saga.

At the end of the day, the only losers turn out to be Geoff and his family - we got Milan in the end.

Sad, and I wouldn't wish bankruptcy on anybody. Having spoken to him once, I fancy he will bounce back.

You mean like Talon?

He/she absolutely LOVED the Sheard saga.

The sad tvvat! :biggrin:

There is always going to be a degree of dark humour involved whenever attempting to explain to the self-lobotomised that the Emperor has, in fact, not got any clothes on.

If you find a proposal so utterly ludicrous that it makes you laugh out loud, it is nevertheless an endless source of amazement as to just how many people willingly suspend all powers of critical analysis and rally to the flag of fukkwittery.

Move on 'oh_weds_we_love_you' ;

This illusion was shattered long ago, and all you can hear now are the final sad shards tinkling slowly to the ground.

Onwards and upwards. The future is blue and white, even if the past is faintly embarrassing.

There is always going to be a degree of dark humour involved whenever attempting to explain to the self-lobotomised that the Emperor has, in fact, not got any clothes on.

If you find a proposal so utterly ludicrous that it makes you laugh out loud, it is nevertheless an endless source of amazement as to just how many people willingly suspend all powers of critical analysis and rally to the flag of fukkwittery.

Move on 'oh_weds_we_love_you' ;

This illusion was shattered long ago, and all you can hear now are the final sad shards tinkling slowly to the ground.

Onwards and upwards. The future is blue and white, even if the past is faintly embarrassing.

Oh, I had moved on a long time ago Talon my dearest, I just thought I'd give you a special mention in a thread about the Sheard saga.

And something we agree on, the future is blue and white :smile:

A while after Geoff's attempts to get involved with Wednesday had failed, I had a very interesting telephone conversation with Lee.

Lee furnished me with info that allowed me to tie up a few loose ends and make some sense of the whole debacle.

You make some interesting links in your post by the way jamsandwich.

Like Plonk said, spill the beans........share the info with your wednesday family.

I'll make it easy......yes or no will do.......were Geoff and Karen in cahoots?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go back and they were scary times. But, a bit like a destructive relationship, when you're in the middle of it it can be hard to see the reality. They were exciting times. But extreme sports are exciting cos there's a danger. We were in danger of carrying on crap but had the excitement of maybe, just maybe, putting the past behind us and improving.

It was probably more fun than it should have been.

A while after Geoff's attempts to get involved with Wednesday had failed, I had a very interesting telephone conversation with Lee.

Lee furnished me with info that allowed me to tie up a few loose ends and make some sense of the whole debacle.

You make some interesting links in your post by the way jamsandwich.

Dear God.

Enough.

Edited by Dark$ide

I even remember us checking the stock exchange website and someone finding his cricket clubs web page which said he was away for the weekend (so naturally he was buying us)

:laugh: Happy days, fooled most of us. Thank heavens for Billsaja.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go back and they were scary times. But, a bit like a destructive relationship, when you're in the middle of it it can be hard to see the reality. They were exciting times. But extreme sports are exciting cos there's a danger. We were in danger of carrying on crap but had the excitement of maybe, just maybe, putting the past behind us and improving.

It was probably more fun than it should have been.

I spent an unbelievable amount of time on Owlstalk back then and the Boardroom was always my first stop.

At the end of the day you reap what you sow. He is a full weight tugger. Can this poo poo be moved out of the matchday section please, it has no place being here.

You mean to say part of the matchday section is featuring none poo poo at the moment ?

Just to cheer you up a little bit; Don't have a clue what it is at Hillsborough but i was in today, breaking news due, the 'Front page is being held'

You mean to say part of the matchday section is featuring none poo poo at the moment ?

Just to cheer you up a little bit; Don't have a clue what it is at Hillsborough but i was in today, breaking news due, the 'Front page is being held'

:biggrin:

Good old Nev

+1