He still aint paid the Ariel Man

Guest intercity0wl

Part of me thinks he is a rumbleing massive bellend who got everyones hopes up (including mine) and that we had a lucky escape - can you imagine what could have happened to us had he somehow gained control?!

Another part of me thinks that it was the most fun I've ever had on Owlstalk.

Incredible Friday shitstorms, ITK bullshitters courting him and teasing everyone with little snippets of (total bullshit) info.

I even remember us checking the stock exchange website and someone finding his cricket clubs web page which said he was away for the weekend (so naturally he was buying us)

scary to think about it - but like Banch says, what a rumbleing ride.

I remember he told me once he was going to Milan for the weekend and then would tie up the takeover on his return or something like that. :laugh:

if you can convince enough people something is going to happen, occasionally it does happen.

massive bullet dodged!. was he a stooge for Allen and Walker, or was this all under Strafford stewardship?

A while after Geoff's attempts to get involved with Wednesday had failed, I had a very interesting telephone conversation with Lee.

Lee furnished me with info that allowed me to tie up a few loose ends and make some sense of the whole debacle.

You make some interesting links in your post by the way jamsandwich.

It was torture.

I honestly can't believe how divided we were as a fan base, casued though the direct actions of certain people at the time.

It was horrible.

Those that enjoyed it must have been off their trolly.

I hope we NEVER EVER have to go though that shocking perdiod and our lowest ebb, ever again.

It was spoiling everything including the match day experience.

What Brian Laws achieved whilst working under those conditions was unbbelivable imho.

he just lost the will to live at the end, and you could tell.