Daniel Ward

I can't think of any other strikers apart from Mellor we have been linked with recently. So thought I'd throw Daniel Wards name into the mix. Would have been at Bolton as a youngster with Megson, did well with Huddersfield and Swindon at this level. Doubt he will be good enough for Bolton at the moment, worth a cheeky bid. Him Or Cody McDonald as previously mentioned would be great buys or loans.

Thoughts?

Guest wilyfox

we could all throw half a dozen names into the mix. whats the point?! more interested in the players Megson has identified.

we could all throw half a dozen names into the mix. whats the point?! more interested in the players Megson has identified.

I agree. If its just for the sake of conversation...lets throw Messi and Ronaldos name in there too! Its pointless!

Its not like Megson does his scouting on Owltalk!

I agree. If its just for the sake of conversation...lets throw Messi and Ronaldos name in there too! Its pointless!

Its not like Megson does his scouting on Owltalk!

Sorry then. It's a discussions message board. Thought id liven it up a bit today. I think it's all you lot that need to liven up a bit.

Sorry then. It's a discussions message board. Thought id liven it up a bit today. I think it's all you lot that need to liven up a bit.

Very rare I post on here nowadays, for this very reason!

If you're not one of the in crowd you just get either barracked or ignored anyway.

Having played with Wardy in the same team for a few years when he was 14-16 (he was two years below me, but destroyed teams almost on his own), I think he'll have had to come on leaps and bounds to end up higher than the lower half of the Championship. But I haven't seen his time at Swindon, and apparently Coyle's very happy with him so he might well have done that. Would probably be a very good signing for us where we are now, but does sound like we won't get him.

Guest moonraker

Absolute legend in his short time here at Swindon,the shame for us being that if we had won the playoff and reached the Championship then i think we would have signed him permanently.

That word if again!

Good finisher,strong and a real grafter he should have been given a chance already by Bolton in my view,if Huddersfield get him he is the golden nugget because not only will he benefit them in the short term but is going to worth millions in future.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

It's pathetic if we sell ward! at 19 he is an awesome young versitile player! He got player of the season fro swindon and he was only there 6 months and Huddersfield love him. If we sell him and are keeping the likes of Robbie Blake and petrov i will be devastated! Ill be very surprised if Megson doesnt try and hijack this bid as he brought him in the first team whilst he was here. Id hate it if he went he has everying, pace power, strenght and has scored some cracking goals from range, the lad can header aswel! But the biggest attribute is his effort he never gives up! The thing is could you afford 1-2 million?

Article says 6 figure sum....

Guest Umbop22

:blush:mardy arses lol

Great business by Huddersfield to release Pilkington for big bucks when questions remain over his injury and then bring in McDermott and Ward*. Cementing their status as promotion favourites?

*Plus Tommy Miller's penalties of course. :ph34r: