Neil Mellor

Guest intercity0wl

Perhaps he isn't that different/special. But we know what he is about, he knows our set up, we know he can get goals and would just slot easily into the side. Finding a new guy could quite easily turn out to be utter dross, with Mellor there is no risk.

Yep i buy that, but he may turn into one of these loan players that becomes poo when they sign permanent??

I trust Megson to know what he's doing, i think if we haven't got mellor by the end of today we will move on to other targets.

Megson has decided on a new way to play next year too. He's changed the team as much as he can so far - there are no guarantees Mellor will be as successful in the new style of play, although Megson does want him, so I'd assume he'd know what he's after.

I think they're paying his signing on fee in pennies.

I agree with a lot of comments on here give him your best shot if he / agent turns it down - move on we need a striker in training with the squad now.

TBH I'm not sure about Mellor if he turns up he's immense equally seen him trundle around disinterested, it's difficult call for me but GM obviously wants him

No denying it's a blow. We need someone like Mellor - he works the channels, has pace and power. Also a good finisher.

The young lad looked promising last night, but he should be a cheap gamble - not someone we should be counting on to get 20 goals next year. A development player.

We will need to splash some cash to get us the goals I am 100% convinced Mellor would have got us.

I've thought Mellor would end up with us next season all along and i really hope he does, but i'm now struggling to understand the delay.

Clearly Megson wants him, mellor wants to come, 99% of fans want him back but we cant agree wages with him.

Surely if he is our number 1 target we should just get him in.

He will be worth it and without him we dont have enough goals.

AND AS MEGSON HAS SAID QUITE RIGHTLY IF WE DONT GET HIM WE WILL END UP WITH THE poo !

If you've told the rest of the squad there is a wage limit, and they see a player come in for what could possibly be twice as much in wages as anyone else, you risk all sorts of problems.

It's better to stick to the budget.

Today's events may just be scare tactics to persuade Mellor and Preston that we have made our final offer. If Preston want him off their books so badly, they might have to pay part of his wages. I believe we have done similar things to get players like Potter to move on.

It wouldn't be the first time a deal has been declared dead, only for the player to sign a few days later.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We need Mellor end of.

Buy Mellor and risk un-rest in the changing room over a supposed wage cap erm no thanks. I would prefur a happy team because lets be honest it only takes un-rest in the changing room and the whole season goes down the pan.

Buy Mellor and risk un-rest in the changing room over a supposed wage cap erm no thanks. I would prefur a happy team because lets be honest it only takes un-rest in the changing room and the whole season goes down the pan.

so yer slip him a f*kin bung...

a keep quiet signing on fee...

and £6.5k a week...

to those who don't know it looks like it's been settled for £500 a week...

Edited by dnhc

Well done Wednesday, what a complete waste of time. I said at the end of May that we should be looking at better strikers than fatboy. What a mess!

Guest totemowl
<br />Well done Wednesday, what a complete waste of time.  I said at the end of May that we should be looking at better strikers than fatboy.  What a mess!<br />

Comes across as a little boy's post.

Perhap you'd like to tell us who should we be looking at then, who's better?

And why is it a complete waste of time? Shouldnt we try to get players that might not be available.

Can't believe this has got 16 pages.

I have a feeling Mellor will sign soon, I know there's mixed views on this but we have to realistic... He's the best available and scored the other day for Preston.

We all need a tad more patience, good things come to those who wait my fellow owlstalkers... This season is going to be good, picture it, double over blunts, double over udders and win the league (I am tired).

UTO

Still struggling to believe that signing Neil Mellor has turned into such a farce.

I bet that Preston will be thrilled if he decides to stay there, seeing as they couldn't afford to pay his wages in the Championship - hence why he joined us on loan last season!

Wish that he would just bloody sign, if only to shut up that obnoxious *** Phil Brown.

Jus a little rumour i heard this morning sorry ifs its on any of the other pages but the fee has been agreed between clubs but mellor wants x amount an wednesday will only pay 6 an so wednesday want PNE to pay the rest.i thought that was crazy at first but apparently we are doing the same with potter an payin some towards his.

And on the comment about tellin him if we get promoted u can have a bonus? What about the other 15/16 lads that are hopefully gonna be workin there nuts off??????

Jus a little rumour i heard this morning sorry ifs its on any of the other pages but the fee has been agreed between clubs but mellor wants x amount an wednesday will only pay 6 an so wednesday want PNE to pay the rest.i thought that was crazy at first but apparently we are doing the same with potter an payin some towards his.

And on the comment about tellin him if we get promoted u can have a bonus? What about the other 15/16 lads that are hopefully gonna be workin there nuts off??????

You must work for The Star :huh: