New Home Kit

Guest AntPoole

I've been in the club shop today to buy tickets for Rovrum and Leeds. I also wanted to buy a couple of polo type shirts for my holidays, but the items on display are quite appaulling. We are in desperate need of a overhaul of the club shop, the shortage of designs is nothing short of embarrassing. Well run club? Hardly.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I've been in the club shop today to buy tickets for Rovrum and Leeds. I also wanted to buy a couple of polo type shirts for my holidays, but the items on display are quite appaulling. We are in desperate need of a overhaul of the club shop, the shortage of designs is nothing short of embarrassing. Well run club? Hardly.

Agreed.

One area where I think the club falls terribly short is baby / toddler wear.

When my eldest lad was born in 2006 I was so desperate for him to wear something Wednesday related when he came home for the first time, but the range, quality and cost of what was on offer was shocking.

I ended up buying a babygro for him, but the badge wore off after half a dozen washes and the quality was nowhere near as good as cheaper stuff we bought from other outlets - John Lewis, GAP, Mothercare, M&P's, etc.

I know the club did make an attempt a year or so ago to improve this, but still the range and quality are poor.

The club shop has been shocking for the last 10 years. Hopefully the new appointments will sort it out. About time we took advantage of our fanbase. Do they still stock Football manager 07 like last time I was in?

I saw a couple of decent trainning tops I liked, both were sale items reduced to £10, one was white, the other was sky blue. I thought to myself, I'll have a couple of those, but they had 2 sizes left, Small or 3 times extra large. I just bought the tickets and left.

I saw a couple of decent trainning tops I liked, both were sale items reduced to £10, one was white, the other was sky blue. I thought to myself, I'll have a couple of those, but they had 2 sizes left, Small or 3 times extra large. I just bought the tickets and left.

Sounds like a News of the World reporter.

Agreed.

One area where I think the club falls terribly short is baby / toddler wear.

When my eldest lad was born in 2006 I was so desperate for him to wear something Wednesday related when he came home for the first time, but the range, quality and cost of what was on offer was shocking.

I ended up buying a babygro for him, but the badge wore off after half a dozen washes and the quality was nowhere near as good as cheaper stuff we bought from other outlets - John Lewis, GAP, Mothercare, M&P's, etc.

I know the club did make an attempt a year or so ago to improve this, but still the range and quality are poor.

I go in the club shop quite often, and I haven't seen it busy for years. I was in 20 minutes today, and apart from 2 or 3 people buying tickets, the shop was empty. There was no-one sat behind the counter of the clothing kiosk, I don't think they get that many people buying clothes. I was tempted to run my finger over the counter to see how much dust has built up. The leisure wear is virtually none existant. There are rows and rows of the new away strip, but as anyone with any common sense will know, poo poo doesn't sell. If I didn't know any better I would think that someone is deliberately running the shop into the ground.

The thing that hurts me is, I want to buy Wednesday related clothes, but it seems to me the club don't want to sell me any.

Guest starrydave

Another thing that gets me is the 'fans choice' away kit. Never have we had a fans choice kit that was decent. The only away kit in years that was bloody good was the black one with yellow pinstripes from last year.

In my opinion the 'fans choice' rubbish is the clubs way of justifying a poo kit. If we choose it, then we cannot blame the club. This grey one is even worse than the Leeds away kit we had a few years ago.

Hootie, spot on about the clothes in store. A decent polo neck or two would go down a storm at the club. Some adults genuinly dont feel comfortable wearing replica kits and the club need to cater to this.

1803l-1.jpg

I prefer items like this with it's small discreet Owl logo. I don't need a big crest or a Puma logo, I think this shirt looks classy, pitty it's only available in small or tent.

Just been looking on the online shop, the above item is only available in small. For a club our size, is it right that we only have a choice of 5 different own brand t-shirts, and 5 different own brand polo shirts, and even then, some of them are only available in small. Whoever is running this club shop should seek alternative employment, because seriously, WTF!!!!!

1803l-1.jpg

I prefer items like this with it's small discreet Owl logo. I don't need a big crest or a Puma logo, I think this shirt looks classy, pitty it's only available in small or tent.

The fact that the photo comes from the official website sums it up.

No disrespect meant here but I thought it was one you've already got and you'd took the photo.

It looks like it's just come out of the ironing basket.

I've posted the link to Derby before because I feel that we are comparable.

They do it much better

This is what we should at least be aiming for.

Hopefully the new people will sort it.

We're not moaning.

We are missing out more the longer it goes on.

The fans are asking to buy stuff here.

I know it's only a little over six months but please let us look back at this "teasing" lark and that picture being on our shop's website as a hangover from the old days.

All a bit poxy compared to what it should be.

Edited by sonofbert2

Fair play, maybe I was being a bit nobby about us going out of business and this being minor. Personally, I don't really mind the teasers, if that's what they are, actual teasers and photos of the real thing. The blue pic released earlier seems a bit of a strange thing to do if you ask me. I jokingly posted that I hoped it'd be a close up on a bit of blue material. I wish I'd been right now.

Strange all round really. Anyway, carry on.

2870r9f.jpg

Problem solved Hootie,

Well it would have been if you had 'nt added the other post :angry::biggrin::laugh:

:laugh:

I got what you tried to do.

I'm frustrated, I had hoped to buy a couple of tops to take on holiday. I wasn't planning on wearing the away shirt, I just bought it weeks ago out of habit, if the home shirt is as bad as I'm expecting, then I may not have an option but take the drab grey. Someone on another thread suggested the home shirt is pin-stripes, If this is true, I mean seriously, who the hell makes these decisions? I feel sorry when anyone loses their job, but if we do end up with 2 poo poo kits in the same season, then someone needs to hang their head in shame and seek alternative employment.

Guest super mandaric

The fact that the photo comes from the official website sums it up.

No disrespect meant here but I thought it was one you've already got and you'd took the photo.

It looks like it's just come out of the ironing basket.

I've posted the link to Derby before because I feel that we are comparable.

They do it much better

This is what we should at least be aiming for.

Hopefully the new people will sort it.

We're not moaning.

We are missing out more the longer it goes on.

The fans are asking to buy stuff here.

I know it's only a little over six months but please let us look back at this "teasing" lark and that picture being on our shop's website as a hangover from the old days.

All a bit poxy compared to what it should be.

You think that's bad? take a look at this picture they use to advertise their merchandise- 1798l-1.jpg

I know I've brought this up before but it's absolutely disgraceful to know that people are paid to put up this level of advertisement for our club. I'd like for someone like Mandaric to see how these people are trying to encourage our fans to buy the merchandise from Wednesday. Perhaps then we'd get some more professional sorts at least giving effort into getting good merchandise for the club and a better image of the stuff we sell, this sort of crap is totally unacceptable. :angry:

Edited by super mandaric

You think that's bad? take a look at this picture they use to advertise their merchandise- 1798l-1.jpg

I know I've brought this up before but it's absolutely disgraceful to know that people are paid to put up this level of advertisement for our club. I'd like for someone like Mandaric to see how these people are trying to encourage our fans to buy the merchandise from Wednesday. Perhaps then we'd get some more professional sorts at least giving effort into getting good merchandise for the club and a better image of the stuff we sell, this sort of crap is totally unacceptable. :angry:

Moobs?

They are ripping the pi$$ :laugh:

I think the model ought to go see the doctor about that hernia.