New Home Kit

Guest AntPoole

Here is the new Brentford Puma King shirt for next season. Note the two stripes on each shoulder identical to the ones from the image we've just seen on twitter.

So basically, we're going to have the same kit at Brentford but in different colours?

New-Brentford-Home-Shirt-2011-12.jpg

Hope this is wrong. Don't like this either. But your detective skills have led me to believe that your probably on the right lines. Those stripes are horrific though.

I tend to agree.

In a different sport or a different geographical location, this would be a clever marketing ploy.

However in South Yorkshire at SWFC, 10 days or so of images which have been made on Paint are just going to irritate people.

yep.

rule 1: know your market.

drip feeding pointless mocked up snippets when you could just show the whole thing is going to at best make the average yorkshireman laugh at you for fannying around, at worst it's going to wee wee him off.

Here is the new Brentford Puma King shirt for next season. Note the two stripes on each shoulder identical to the ones from the image we've just seen on twitter.

So basically, we're going to have the same kit at Brentford but in different colours?

And no sponsor, think it will look nice!

If it isn't identical in design, it won't be too far away.

in theory it's a good marketing exercise but in reality it just wee wees people off because it's a load of b*llocks.

yorkshire people especially don't react well to fannying around bullshit.

all IMO of course.

I agree. It's actually making me less likely to buy the thing when it's out.

Guest highamowl

looks a bit like the collar on the 1995 or 1997 home shirts. Wouldnt complain if it looked like either of those, so cool the massive over reaction to a small square of the shirt.

I admit its being caused by the marketing strategy, which along with no signings is making people impatient, but can you really judge it too much based on this?

So folks we have just used our twitter power to get this 'sneak peak', why not use it to show our utter disgust at the lack of effort they put into producing a paint shop piece of work. It isn't a picture of the shirt at all, it is about 9 lines on paint!

Just not bothered...

Not sure I agree with some of the RAGE that people are apparently experiencing, but to show what is essentially a paint file of a small section of the collar of the strip is abit low.

I don't think it's unfair that by July we should see a sneak peak of actual shirt material. Will we be trated to a cardboard cut out on the 17th?

Comment from twitter page "First close-up teaser image of the NEW 2011/12 SWFC/Puma King Home Kit!"

I may be wrong here but the shitty paint job could be a side view of the new home shorts, it doesn’t say anywhere that it's an image of the shirt. If you look at all the PUMA shorts for this season then they all have 2 stripes on the side.

As I say - I could be wrong.

Comment from twitter page "First close-up teaser image of the NEW 2011/12 SWFC/Puma King Home Kit!"

I may be wrong here but the shitty paint job could be a side view of the new home shorts, it doesn’t say anywhere that it's an image of the shirt. If you look at all the PUMA shorts for this season then they all have 2 stripes on the side.

As I say - I could be wrong.

Hope the shorts aren't blue. Black shorts are part of our image. With blue shorts, we could be anyone. With black ones, it could pretty much only be Wednesday.

(I think blue change shorts can look very smart for away games sometimes, but please not every match ...)