Carbone or Di Canio

For a bit of fun whilst we are waiting for new signings i thought id ask the question,which one was better.For me they were both fantastic players and they were worth the enterance fee alone.They both brought flair and entertainment and scored stunning goals.For me Di Canio nicks it by a nats wee wee tail.

Guest BoomTownOwls

For a bit of fun whilst we are waiting for new signings i thought id ask the question,which one was better.For me they were both fantastic players and they were worth the enterance fee alone.They both brought flair and entertainment and scored stunning goals.For me Di Canio nicks it by a nats wee wee tail.

By a nats wee wee tail? Nats must have surpisingly big *****.

Both good players but it is like saying what is best an Audi A6 or the BMW 7 series? Both nice cars but the 7 Series is at a completely different level.

Both amazing players, but Di Canio was the better of the two.

Paolo was also far more hilarious with his moaning and histrionics - I've never seen a player receive two yellow cards and get sent off for disputing the award of a meaningless throw in before or since.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I'll go against the grain, I preferred Carbone and we got nearly 3 years out of him, after the Alcock incident with PDC it was Beni that made us tick, he was outstanding that season

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Di Canio - single handedly dragged us kicking and screaming through games sometimes.

plus, rounding the keeper twice at home against barnsley, was the greatest buzz iv ever had at Hillsborough.

Twice?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

yup, beat him once and then instead of sticking it in the net, did him again, in the 87th minute or something. crazy, my dad went ballistic.

don't remember that, I recall him doing that against Southampton though

Di Canio was the better player, no doubt. Although Carbone would edge it for me in terms of being my favourite player. His goals were more memorable for me in terms of occasions and just pure quality.

Although loved Paolo wearing the Tazmanian devil vest underneath.

Guest BoomTownOwls

yup, beat him once and then instead of sticking it in the net, did him again, in the 87th minute or something. crazy, my dad went ballistic.

You are getting two goals mixed up. I do remember him doing a keeper twice but it wasn't against Barnsley. Can anybody remember who it was? Something in the very back of mind is saying it was away not at home against somebody like Villa.

Guest BoomTownOwls

don't remember that, I recall him doing that against Southampton though

That's the one. Was it home or away?

You are getting two goals mixed up. I do remember him doing a keeper twice but it wasn't against Barnsley. Can anybody remember who it was? Something in the very back of mind is saying it was away not at home against somebody like Villa.

yeah i did, my fault - southampton it was

Southampton away, we won 3-2