M morrison

Guest highamowl

people say they have not had a propper go, but with the way they were playing last season and our sliding league position, I dont think we could afford to keep them in the team.

Im not saying they are bad players. Just that they did have a chance (although in difficult circumstances) and neither of them took it. we had to act when we did as we were conceeding 3 a game!!

I don't think Morrison was as bad as some have been making out. He was fairly steady at right back when he played there, and wasn't really any worse than the rest of the poor defence when he played in the centre. He was bad against Peterborough, but so was everybody else. I've seen the likes of Purse, Beevers, Reynolds and R Johnson have equally bad games in that position this season.

Was his last game the one at Dagenham? I was there and he was pretty solid in that game, did nothing wrong, but for some reason he hasn't been seen since.

I don't think Morrison was as bad as some have been making out. He was fairly steady at right back when he played there, and wasn't really any worse than the rest of the poor defence when he played in the centre. He was bad against Peterborough, but so was everybody else. I've seen the likes of Purse, Beevers, Reynolds and R Johnson have equally bad games in that position this season.

Was his last game the one at Dagenham? I was there and he was pretty solid in that game, did nothing wrong, but for some reason he hasn't been seen since.

I agree with everything you say.

He had a couple of absolute shockers, the most memorable being away at Birmingham where he bottled a 50/50 tackle against Obafemi Martins who was about half the size and width of Morrison, and was subbed at half time with us 2 or 3 nil down.

However he played pretty well and was solid in just as many games as he struggled in (which is no mean feat given that he had just signed for a new club and we had a totally new back 4), and as you say, his last appearance of the season was as a RB away at Dagenham where he was solid as a rock. Then Megson says afterwards that he wasn't getting forward enough from full back, and he doesnt play again, not even appearing on the bench IIRC.

I assume it must be a personality thing between him and Megson more than anything else- there is no other explanation i can think of as to why he just evaporated from the squad for the remaining 10 games of the season.

Guest BoomTownOwls

If he doesn't figure in the managers plans it's probably best for all concerned if he moves on It still leaves us with four centre backs though Problem is they're all left footed

Why do people always say this? The majority of centre half partnerships are two right footers, therefore why is it a problem to have two left footers?

Edited by BoomTownOwls

To people saying you want to keep him, would you rather MM be playing over Beevers next season???

MM is clearly a centre half by trait, keeping him would only stifle Beevers development further. Either that or he'll (MM) be on the bench.

Things haven't worked out for him here so I think we should cash the chips whilst his stock is still fairly high, would rather him not go to a promotion rival but if blummin Charlton are the only one in the bidding, so be it.

I hope we keep him, and I hope we don't get Batth back unless it's a permanent signing, like Megson says loans don't get you promoted.

Batth is a great player for this league but I'd rather focus on what we have rather than instantly say they're not good enough and try to replace them. Morrison was leicester's best defender in league 1 and one of their best in the championship.......he came into a very poor Wednesday defence that had barely any experience to stop the rot.......even if we'd just brought Jones in and not Batth we'd of been fine.

Stoke got promoted into the Premier league with a shed load of Loan players .

To people saying you want to keep him, would you rather MM be playing over Beevers next season???

MM is clearly a centre half by trait, keeping him would only stifle Beevers development further. Either that or he'll (MM) be on the bench.

Things haven't worked out for him here so I think we should cash the chips whilst his stock is still fairly high, would rather him not go to a promotion rival but if blummin Charlton are the only one in the bidding, so be it.

It's a good idea to have a versatile defender in the squad, one who can play either in the centre or at full back - especially for a club with aspirations of a promotion campaign. Nobody's saying that Morrison should be first choice on the team sheet. Injuries can cripple a small squad, so the more options the better. We may be a little top heavy on centre halves if Baath comes back, so if anybody departs I'd rather it was Reynolds - especially with Buxton proving that he can stand in capably at left back when required.

Your comments re him and Beevers could also apply to Danny Baath. If he comes back then presumably the first choice CB pairing would be Baath and Jones, so you could say that's stifling Beevers' development as well.

He had a couple of absolute shockers, the most memorable being away at Birmingham where he bottled a 50/50 tackle against Obafemi Martins who was about half the size and width of Morrison, and was subbed at half time with us 2 or 3 nil down.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They say you get one chance to make an impression....

and that didn't help his case.

Especially when he'd been knocking on the managers door asking to play.

For me, he'll 100% be leaving this summer.

It's a good idea to have a versatile defender in the squad, one who can play either in the centre or at full back - especially for a club with aspirations of a promotion campaign. Nobody's saying that Morrison should be first choice on the team sheet. Injuries can cripple a small squad, so the more options the better. We may be a little top heavy on centre halves if Baath comes back, so if anybody departs I'd rather it was Reynolds - especially with Buxton proving that he can stand in capably at left back when required.

Your comments re him and Beevers could also apply to Danny Baath. If he comes back then presumably the first choice CB pairing would be Baath and Jones, so you could say that's stifling Beevers' development as well.

True, I would rather we try and manage without bringing Baath back in on loan, there are far more important areas of the team to focus spending our money on than CB where we have Beevers, Reda, Jones and Reynolds already.

But if we did bring Baath back he at least brings something new to the team and improves us. I don't feel Morrison improves us at all.

EDIT: Sounds like Charlton have come in for him as we speak! http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7018537,00.html

Edited by swfc-dan

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

Really bad decision if he goes!! Him beevers jones and Reda is good cover and gives plenty of options!! If any go I would get shut of Reynolds and Reda!! Reda is a accident waiting to happen!!

I really wouldn't be surprised if we end up regretting getting rid of both Morrison and Reynolds (if they actually happen).

Potter, Teale, Heffernan (to a lesser extent), Miller, Hinds...they all had their chances at Hillsborough, and all failed to make an impression. If they go on and do well at other clubs, at least Sheffield Wednesday can say "They had their chance."

With Reynolds and Morrison, that simply isn't a case. The mentality in football is now full of short term-ism, with managers, results, and players. There's absolutely no argument against it, Reynolds and Morrison haven't had a chance at Hillsborough yet. And it doesn't look like they'll get one.

Would it be a surprise to any of us, if Morrison went to Charlton and performed superbly? It certainly wouldn't me. Morrison and Reynolds are genuine assets to a League One side, with the potential (with opportunities) to perform at a higher level.

Guest Saturday Owl

Guys don't tell Charlton... Oh poo poo.....

But seriously I'd be disappointed if we let him go, and Reynolds too. Both are good defenders and were thrown in a poo poo team low on confidence.