Danny Green

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/8613/3/charlton-fight-land-dagenham-ace?

According to the above link we might still be in with a shout for this youngster, I hope this is true.

But then again with Championship sides interested I find it hard to believe that he will choose us or Charlton over them.

C'mon Milan make it happen.... pleaseeeee

Good signing if we pull it off.

He will stay dawn sarf tho IMO

That was my initial thought, however I think that we are in a better position than the likes of Charlton... So if it came down to it what means more to him? Location or a good career in football.

Guest highamowl

That was my initial thought, however I think that we are in a better position than the likes of Charlton... So if it came down to it what means more to him? Location or a good career in football.

the problem is a contract would not tie him to a club for long. So he can sign for a team, knowing that if he keeps developing he will move on if they do not progress.

Would like us to get him, but being realistic there is too much competition from clubs in a better current position than us

the problem is a contract would not tie him to a club for long. So he can sign for a team, knowing that if he keeps developing he will move on if they do not progress.

Would like us to get him, but being realistic there is too much competition from clubs in a better current position than us

I'd imagine most clubs trying to get him will sign him on a 4 year contract (quote me if i am wrong... But like we did with Madine with a 3.5 Year contract). This would make him 26 when his contract runs out...

So in my opinion he may look at the bigger picture, we also might be able to compete with salary/bonus.

I am living in dream land really, as I am 99% sure he will not be an Owls player next season. Just like him to be.

Would love for us to sign him. brilliant player & would be quite a coup for this league & prove to the rest if the league, and most importantly the pigs, that we really do mean business.

on the other hand, is he ambitious enough to move from London to Sheffield, when he has an offer from a club a couple of miles away, this i doubt. I don't think we will offer much different in terms of the contract to charlton either.

Guest highamowl

a 4 year contract is one thing, but that does not mean he cannot put in a transfer request, or that he will not be sold in that period. Unfortunately, there is only really money that we can give him that would give us an advantage and there is only so much of that that we can give.

I have to question the ambition and drive of any player who says they want to stay in a particular country, or even worse, a particular area of a country. I want ambitious and driven footballers wearing the blue & white stripes, not some southern nancy that is too scared to move north because he'll be a bit too far away to take his washing round to his mum's house.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Well I think he is of an age where Milan might see it as a shrewd investment, but then he probably thought that when he shelled out for Morrison and Reynolds.

An Madine haha

Guest BirdonaMaguire

everyone forget that Danny Green had a spell at Forest in his youth career, so moving up north is not strange for him

I have to question the ambition and drive of any player who says they want to stay in a particular country, or even worse, a particular area of a country. I want ambitious and driven footballers wearing the blue & white stripes, not some southern nancy that is too scared to move north because he'll be a bit too far away to take his washing round to his mum's house.

Seen as so many seem to be convinced that he doesn't want to leave London, I'm assuming there must be a quote from him. What has he said?