Selling Players From The Academy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13873800.stm

Just saw this on the BBC site, £8m for a player they brought through the ranks, i cant remember the last time we sold a player that came through the Academy. I think we might have got fees for Danny Reet and Rory McArdle but if we did they were buttons. Maybe Drew Talbot but i thought we signed him from somewhere else?

Been discussed ad nauseum before, but we must get our youth setup sorted.

Slightly more interesting to me, especially considering the debates that have raged on here sometimes about the likes of Grant, Spurr, Wood and Tudgay, is when was the last time we turned down a bid for a player and then later sold him for more than the original offer (and by that I don't mean the same team coming in a second time a couple of days later, but a period where the player's reputation improved to the point where we made a decent profit by hanging onto him)?

Slightly more interesting to me, especially considering the debates that have raged on here sometimes about the likes of Grant, Spurr, Wood and Tudgay, is when was the last time we turned down a bid for a player and then later sold him for more than the original offer (and by that I don't mean the same team coming in a second time a couple of days later, but a period where the player's reputation improved to the point where we made a decent profit by hanging onto him)?

Brunt?