What needs to happen ?

After reading many threads on potential comings and goings and then waiting and waiting...............and waiting for something to happen, I was just wondering what people thought or wanted to see from the next few weeks, which seem to be more important with each passing day with regards to next season.

What I would like to see in the next few days or week would be one or two more players like Heff moving on. New signings can give a club and its supporters a much needed lift during pre-season but I would much rather see some of the dead wood at the club move on, that would make me feel more positive about the future right now.

If we can get a fee for any players not in Megson's plans even better. I'm tired of seeing the same under performing players, week-in, week-out. The whole team can't be such a waste of space that nobody cares, can it ?

Putting new signings to the side for the moment, I feel if Megson can off load players he dosen't want or need or perhaps people he feels are negative, bad influences on the or just lack motaviation then we can move on quickly.

Getting rid of the unwanted and changing the mentality of those already at the club, for me, is more important than the new sigings we may see at the club in the coming weeks.

Thoughts ?

Edited by Danish

Getting rid of the unwanted and changing the mentality of those already at the club, for me, is more important than the new sigings we may see at the club in the coming weeks.

I reckon there's a reasonable amount of truth in this.

I'll only go so far with it though because I think the midfield needs a major facelift.

i agree. it makes me angry seeing some of the wasters that are employed by our football club.

we're due a new signing today though aren't we according to the 'next signing in 2-3 days' rumour?

My bet is on a double unveiling this afternoon, based on absolutely nothing :)

It's easy to make an educated guess about who will be leaving if Megson wants to bring in another 7. He's already said he wants a more manageable squad of around 24.

So if Spurr and Reynolds are going, by my reckoning that leaves just another 3 to leave. So assuming all 3 out of contracts are re signed, then it could be 3 from 8. Any could be vulnerable depending on who we get offers for. As we are so short of strikers, and they are the hardest to replace, I'll suggest Clinton stays, although as a striker he may attract the most offers. Although out of favour, because we are short of full backs and left sided players, I think Danny Jones will stay. My feeling is that if offers are forthcoming it's likely it will be 3 of M Morrison, Otsemobor, Sedgwick, Teale, Come or Potter. Bleedin hell I'm bored.

I think we need to get a real move on in terms of players coming in ...ideally all in before pre season. What we dont want is a last minute rush i.e. Clinton Morrison signed about 2 weeks before the season started and then spetn the rest of the season catching up!

Don't care if they come in the day before kick-off as long as they are the right players. What's the rush? Keep it simple. A good manager employs good players. Good players win matches. Megson is a good manager and won't waste money on the types Irvine did. Can still remember the disappointment I felt when seeing Teale and Sedgwick for the first time.

It could be worse though. There are players in the Prem on massive wages who have all the ability of a three-legged giraffe. Stealing money. Doubt Megson will fail.lol Reading between the lines, he is hard-line. We aint had a manager like that for a long time