Huddersfield Twon fans "baffled" by Wednesday favourites tag!!

I was a bit bored looking on other forums to see if there was any news on "Nathan Tyson" so decided to have a look at what I see one of the favourites for next seasons title Huddersfield Town's fans were talking about after losibng the play-off final.

Amongst the threads I found this one on the odds for next season. Lots of transfers will come and go between now and then but it was interesting to see their views on the owls.

Anyway, here they are...

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=58059

so am i. we've only signed two players, and the season only officially finished this weekend.

its probably due to the amount of money being put on us at the moment, as one of the udders fans pointed out. im not making any calls on ups or downs until the transfer window closes!!

Odds are only bookies hedging their bets. If I bang a million on Stevenage tomorrow they'll go short.

It's meaningless.

I could have had QPR at 16/1 last season for automatic. I bottled it and quickly it went to 5/1. :mad:

I'll be braver this season.

Odds are only bookies hedging their bets. If I bang a million on Stevenage tomorrow they'll go short.

It's meaningless.

I could have had QPR at 16/1 last season for automatic. I bottled it and quickly it went to 5/1. :mad:

I'll be braver this season.

Makes you wonder who'd been betting big money on us ... :rolleyes:

I guarentee that we won't win the league next season. I'm not surprised they are baffled. We still have too many hangers on of squad players and a serious lack of quality. Play-offs at best I fear.

if you can GUARANTEE we wont win the league you'll be having a bet on it then no?

easy to say we wont than we will.

Edited by council owl

We're a club thats financially stable, with a solid manager and has been in the championship in the last 2-3 years.

The bookies would always put us around the top, regardless of the squad.

It's basically just a draft that the customers will rip to shreds in the next few weeks.

if you can GUARANTEE we wont win the league you'll be having a bet on it then no?

easy to say we wont than we will.

I would have a bet on it if there was any money in the market. I will have you £20 to the children's hospital that we don't win the league though.

Just not bothered...

I would have a bet on it if there was any money in the market. I will have you £20 to the children's hospital that we don't win the league though.

I'll put £20 to Children's Hospital if we don't win the league if you give them £100 if we do.

I can get 5/1 with the bookies for us to win the league so why would anyone bet you an even £20 :rolleyes:

Even if its just a "default setting" for the bookies, its still amusing that we get shoved at the top and Huddersfield flipping hate it, just like other smaller teams who are dying to get noticed and resent the larger clubs.

I just hope we can prove the natural order of things this time around.

Guest TonyOwl88

A nice bit of Mandaric slander mixed in there with some confusion and some understanding.

I'd put money on us if our odds were more lucrative. Not sure why people are so surprised that bookies don't want to take the gamble of giving people good odds on us while knowing that we have the greatest potential to build something unstoppable.

Its all theoretical.

Guest ak15

Can't blame Town fans for there opinions here.

They played us off the park last November and we were well beaten by them in the return fixture in January.

Some of you forget that our current squad was on the fringes of going down until some shrewd man-management and a couple of decent signings in defence by gary megson saved us from the drop into League Two for the very first time ever.

It makes no sense that we are favourites for promotion over Town. They are light-years ahead...

Edited by ak15

Until we get a few more quality players in and get rid of a load of current cr@p players we wont be going anywhere.

Huddersfield fans are right to be a bit baffled.

TBF I think you'll find most posters on here are baffled too or writing it off as early doors market. Basically it's too early to tell anything much.

We maybe shouldn't be outright favourites, but we definitely should be one of the favourites. There isn't a single club that stands out and the league is far weaker than last season. The 3 best teams we played last season have gone up too.

We are financially stable.

We have money to spend.

We will have one of, if not the best wage budget in the division.

We have the best support in the division.

We were top 2 up until New Year last season, and we finished the season reasonably well.

They are light-years ahead...

Huddersfield? Light years? Absolute rubbish.