Anyone else confused about our odds?

The bookies have us to finish in the top two by the looks of it,

I am optomistic about next season, but based on our current set up id take sixth now, id be very happy with it,

We have a squad and manager that finished us in 15th place, if you do a league table for our current managers reign its probably about 13th as well,

We have signed a defender (a very decent L1 defender) who has not been getting a game in a relegated CCC side and a midfielder who has been part of the team that finished bottom of L1,

I really do not wish to be negative but why does anyone think we will go from 15th to 1st with very little change?

And all the players we want that would create this shift seem to be out our reach according to nearly everyone on here, so how the flip are we gonna get promoted next season??

It doesn't add up...

Guest BoomTownOwls

We will have the biggest budget and we have had a year to adapt.

Preston and The Pigs are in financial turmoil.

The likes of Bournemouth and Rochdale did admirably but have lost or look set to lose key players.

Sflaphorpe have lost 3 of their better players on Bosmans.

Charlton have a novice manager and were in freefall at the end of the season.

Yes we have some negatives but we have a squad that turned around to some extent at the end of the season, especially at home. We have an experienced manager and the deepest pockets.

5/1 looks excellent value to me on the grounds that I can only make equally strong cases for Hyddersfield and maybe MK Dons (who look well worth a small punt at 16/1).

I really do not wish to be negative but why does anyone think we will go from 15th to 1st with very little change?

very little change?

we are hoping to bring in 9 new players

we have no turmoil in the boardroom since we left the prem and have a chairman that cares about the club (and has financial interest in us getting promotion)

we have the best manager since big ron

pretty big plus points to start the new season

Southampton missed out on a play off spot after being deducted ten points at the beginning of the season before, leeds (maybe scum but they got there poo poo together) made AT LEAST the play offs all there seasons down here,

Unless our next seven signings are Tyson and Mickael-Smith quality we are not gping anywhere,

Unless the next seven signings are a damn sight better than Prutton from Swindon then i would be very happy with top 6

very little change?

we are hoping to bring in 9 new players

we have no turmoil in the boardroom since we left the prem and have a chairman that cares about the club (and has financial interest in us getting promotion)

we have the best manager since big ron

pretty big plus points to start the new season

We have seven to go with the first two looking very iffy, we were doing better last season when we were staring down the barrell, soon as we got aorted off tye pitch we couldnt buy a win

Jesus wept. How about giving Megson and Milan a chance? The season ended three weeks ago. If we get to the end of July and the squad looks poor by all means moan but until then please have a little patience.

Look at it another way, have any of the other clubs made a signing yet? We are hardly falling behind.

We have seven to go with the first two looking very iffy, we were doing better last season when we were staring down the barrell, soon as we got aorted off tye pitch we couldnt buy a win

regarding signings, be patient man!! lets see what happens, there is no reason we wont get the players Megson thinks will get us promotion....is there???

we can outspend anyone in this league

the off field turmoil last season is covered in my 3rd point

we had the WORST manager ive ever seen in my time supporting Wednesday, we now have the best manager we have had in 15 years

Jesus wept. How about giving Megson and Milan a chance? The season ended three weeks ago. If we get to the end of July and the squad looks poor by all means moan but until then please have a little patience.

Look at it another way, have any of the other clubs made a signing yet? We are hardly falling behind.

Soon as we get linked with any quality everyone on here says there not going to come to us,

Don't you get what i'm saying?

regarding signings, be patient man!! lets see what happens, there is no reason we wont get the players Megson thinks will get us promotion....is there???

we can outspend anyone in this league

the off field turmoil last season is covered in my 3rd point

we had the WORST manager ive ever seen in my time supporting Wednesday, we now have the best manager we have had in 15 years

If you base Irvines and Megsons results on paper in comparison you dont get much difference,

Irvine was god awful, Megson hasn't really done anything for me yet, a few good home results, yes but his remit was the play offs, we nearly went down,

When you take off the blue and white specs it doesnt seem like Megsons done anything,

I hope to god Megson will be effective, I believe he may, haven't seen anything so far to make me think he is the man who will wake the giant, take us from the doldrums.

I just don't understand how you can say our first two signings have been iffy. Jones was an absolute rock at the end of last season. I don't think it was a coincidence that as soon as he went off against Exeter we went to poo poo.

As for Prutton, he hasn't even played a game for us yet. He has plenty of experience in this league, in addition to 25 appearances for England under 21's. So he went down this season, so did Sheridan and Hirst in 1990 and they were more than capable players in the league they were relegated from.

I trust Megson and Mandaric. We don't know what is happening behind the scenes.

Bookies are rarely wrong. If they have us down as short odds, they probably know more than we do

Last season we were broke as poo poo and were favourites,

We even got money half wqy through the season and bought players and nearly got relegated,

The bookies no eff all, they have the piggy blunts down to do well next season when every one knows they will be lucky to finish top half!

If you base Irvines and Megsons results on paper in comparison you dont get much difference,

Irvine was god awful, Megson hasn't really done anything for me yet, a few good home results, yes but his remit was the play offs, we nearly went down,

When you take off the blue and white specs it doesnt seem like Megsons done anything,

I hope to god Megson will be effective, I believe he may, haven't seen anything so far to make me think he is the man who will wake the giant, take us from the doldrums.

look at the poo Megson inherited, how many games in a row had we lost when he took over?

a side that had not really played well all season, even when we won

we looked scared of our own shadows

we only looked a half decent team after Megsons two loan signings came in

I just don't understand how you can say our first two signings have been iffy. Jones was an absolute rock at the end of last season. I don't think it was a coincidence that as soon as he went off against Exeter we went to poo poo.

As for Prutton, he hasn't even played a game for us yet. He has plenty of experience in this league, in addition to 25 appearances for England under 21's. So he went down this season, so did Sheridan and Hirst in 1990 and they were more than capable players in the league they were relegated from.

I trust Megson and Mandaric. We don't know what is happening behind the scenes.

They werent good enough to win the divison one title though were they? They went BACK up,

Jones stopped us leaking goals, he is very good at this level but not better than this level, Prutton is way out of form and could be playing in L2 next season if it wasnt for us,

I just think Milan is going to sack Megson when we are 8th next season at xmas unless we are going to buy some serious players with some incredible quality, who everyone on here says we cant get,

look at the poo Megson inherited, how many games in a row had we lost when he took over?

a side that had not really played well all season, even when we won

we looked scared of our own shadows

we only looked a half decent team after Megsons two loan signings came in

That 'poo poo megson inherited' was a squad 'any manager could get promoted' when we had Irvine,

You lot on here have completely fooked my head up, since i joined here i haven't had a flippingclue whats going on,

I need to stop listening to some of our posters, suddenly our hms wee wee the league sqad are pants, makes no sense

So you are saying that jones is good at this level but not above. Our priority is to get out of this league, we can decide whether our team is up to the championship when we get there.

Prutton has had a poor season, it happens. But I've heard enough from Leeds and forest fans to believe that he can bring something to the table.

With regards to shez and hirst, my point was that just because they went down didn't mean they weren't solid players in the league they went down from. Sometimes as a team you have a bad season.