Liam Sercombe

I've been informed that we've apparently put a £350,000 bid in for Exeter City player Liam Sercombe which is being heavily considered by the club

They're going to inform the player today about the offer and give him time to see what he wants to do. As much as they want to keep him, they accept they will struggle to keep hold of their players when clubs like both Sheffield teams, Charlton and Preston come sniffing round (as well as championship clubs). They won't stand in his way if he wants to talk to us

Can't say I really know anything about him.

I can see from his age that he fits one of MM's criteria for his preferred type of signing.

I suppose coming from Exeter he's been a part of what has been a very progressive side over the last four years (two promotions and almost a play-off place this year), which must be the best type of environment for any player to begin their career within.

20 years old with decent potential. Despite a wander goal he scored against us, he is not a goalscorer.

Good passer of the ball with awareness of what is going on around him.

If signed would certainly be with one eye kept on the future and his development. But he would be able helping out right now as well.

We cant keep bringing players for the sake of it, they really have to address areas where we are short At 20 years old and barely one season for Exeter City under his belt, is he really going to be the playmaker that spearheads our promotion push?

We cant keep bringing players for the sake of it, they really have to address areas where we are short At 20 years old and barely one season for Exeter City under his belt, is he really going to be the playmaker that spearheads our promotion push?

He is a young player who had very good season at club that finished well above us.

Just type of the players we should look at.

Certainly it takes lot of work to pinpoint few that will improve us both in short & long term, but idea sounds good to me.

He's not your 10-15 goal creative midfielder.

Liam is an all round box to box midfielder who doesn't score that many but is effective at the nitty gritty side of things. He's been at Exeter since 17 and has been part of the side promoted from the conference to league one. Very highly rated by the club

Very hard working which is what Exeter are about. I can certainly see him being one of Megsons type of players

Fee if correct sounds a bit high but sometimes a high bid to a club like Exeter is one that could be very difficult to turn down

Moan moan moan...

Isn't Prutton also a box to box midfielder who doesn't score many goals? I will friggin moan if we make the same mistakes as we made last year, bringing in nine player and not addressing key areas, that ultimately found us out

Isn't Prutton also a box to box midfielder who doesn't score many goals? I will friggin moan if we make the same mistakes as we made last year, bringing in nine player and not addressing key areas, that ultimately found us out

The problem is...your mate Megson rates him....hmmmn dificult choice :laugh:

Guest TonyOwl88

Exeter (with all due respect) are a team of hard workers and grafters with not a lot to shout about when it comes to ability. Harley really was their only gem.

I think that's a harsh assessment. I think he played well in both games we played against Exeter, and if we're bidding for him, I imagine Megson has seen even more from him. Tbh, if he is one of their better players, then he can't be too bad... I mean they did finish 8th or somethin like that.

Guest maltaowl

Think he'd bee a decent buy. Somebody who can easily help this years promotion push + develop into a good player in the future. He was great for them when we got battered and that goal was a stand out. Would be quite happy if this is true

Makes me laugh ,wtf has age got to do with it ,if the lad has potential and he is handling the pressure in this league,go for it

WE HAVE FOR TOO LONG brought in the tried and tested players only to have them throw it off when they sign at wednesday,

Megson is trying to build for now and the future, he will get it right ,as he knows what it takes to play for swfc

fair play to the bloke,

So iif we get this guy and sign up the other 2 loanees we have option left We still need a ball winner, a creative midfielder, a left winger, a quick forward and presumably a left back And that's all presuming the three out of contracts re sign and we are able to move out a few defenders

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Everyone's saying "he's not your 15 goal a season midfielder" .... but how many central midfielders scored 15 or more in this league last season?

I'm guessing you could count them on one hand