Sponsored byGo back to get ahead, JJ is told

Absolutely agree with the above. I think this is the latest in a long line of comments from Megson that shows he's got his head screwed on right. He knows what he want's from this team and publicly his comments suggest he has a good idea how to achieve it.

There are clearly areas of JJ's game that are lacking, but in terms of his raw pace and ability to run at players he's a valuable asset at this level. He's a game changing player on his day. People with rightfully say that "on his day" doesn't happen enough, but if Megson is trying to find ways to increase those occassions then all power to him. Hopefully it works, JJ signs on for another year and we reap the benefits next season.

Has JJ ever had a bad game against United? If he carries on only ever playing to his best every now and again at least we're guaranteed at least two good performances from him next year.

I noticed he did this away at Walsall to and he looked much better for it as well. Again it was when JJ was on the right hand side, with Megson barking at him from the dug out on the same side of the pitch.

Perhaps this is why Megson likes to bring him on as a sub, and play him on the same side of the pitch as the technical area?

You have to name your team far before you know which way you're playing! What if the opposition play the direction we want to first half? Our game plan could be un-workable before we kick off!

edit: Not exactly what I typed but still makes sense :biggrin:

Edited by ipswichowl

You have to name your team far before you know which way you're playing! What if the opposition play the direction we want to first half? Our game plan could be un-workable before we kick off!

edit: Not exactly what I typed but still makes sense :biggrin:

Megson should double up as a ball-boy in the second half. If he positions himself just in front of the North Stand he can shout instructions from there.

Alternatively, surgically implant an aerial and a little speaker in the side of JJ's head.

So to summarise, he's either a bit thick or a bit lazy.

Maybe GM should sit someone at the front of the Cantilever to shout 'back... across... forward' to him.

Forward.... Back..... Left......X..... R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1...... [ ]........GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALL

JJ = Pro Evo Soccer

Guest Big Guns

While I agree you can never stop learning, the fact that he needs Megson to tell him what to do all the time is pretty worrying. To say someone can't remember instructions for 90 minutes without constant reminders, is unbelievable.

too many spliffs comes to mind