Sheffield Wednesday Team Photo - 1960/61 Season

i to have a theory fred ......think swan ,springett and fantham are missing coz they were away for the scottish league v football league fixture in march 61 that they all played in . like you im guessing really but would wager they wernt there coz they'd been out to a club the night before roasting some bird and over slept

i to have a theory fred ......think swan ,springett and fantham are missing coz they were away for the scottish league v football league fixture in march 61 that they all played in . like you im guessing really but would wager they wernt there coz they'd been out to a club the night before roasting some bird and over slept

But then the pitch doesn't look in too bad nick....back then, and even comparatively recently, by mid-season there was hardly any grass left on pitches. So perhaps it's early season?

Oh well, just pure guesswork and we'll probably never know!

Guest alantoft

I put a ? after Fantham because I was not sure but I knew that it was not Redfern Froggatt but looking at the players who played that season I don't know who it is.

The other players who played that season were Brian Hill, Bobby Lodge, John Frye & John Meredith

how do you know its not froggatt .....if you look at the second photo with him on it he looks very similiar to the guy on the 1st one .he was senior pro at the club at that time so you would think he would be on the photo .