Palace fans want Clinton Back

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

I would love to know what Megson has said to him, surely Megson has said something?

I would imagine all of the players will know if they are wanted or not..

Guest pac-man

I asked him on twitter if he had spoken to megson before leaving for summer break and he said no. Apparently there is no interest in him and he will stay and fight for his place. Or just sit out the last year of him contract like potter.

Guest Sheff Owl

I asked him on twitter if he had spoken to megson before leaving for summer break and he said no. Apparently there is no interest in him and he will stay and fight for his place. Or just sit out the last year of him contract like potter.

Well Megson did say he was speaking to every player once the season ends and letting them know what's happening.

As he wanted everything sorted out ASAP (well along them lines anyway).

So ain't got a clue what's going on.

Id be interested to see how he did with a full pre-season under his belt and a more creative midfield.

However, I'm sick of hearing him blaming everyone else or his lack of chances. In every game he's played since Christmas he's been poor, prior to that he was on and off, sometimes finding those old instincts and others just being a split second behind. The last reasonable performance from him I remember being vs Huddersfield and that was because he held the ball up and brought others into play, but he spawned a header in the last ten minutes at the back post.

Missed a fair few in other games, Hereford, Bristol Rovers spring to mind but likewise he scored some good instinctive goals vs Hartlepool, Rochdale and MK Dons. Players like him will get goals at this level in the right circumstances, Jamie Cureton has been written off many times but scored loads this season.

So basically, I think he could still have a role to play here if he stopped blaming other people, but it may be easier to just make a change if there is an opportunity.

Edited by Bluesteel

It'll cost us big money to replace that level of skill According to Megson at various times., we are looking to bring in between 7 and 9 new players. With 2 of those options already used up, if we were to get rid of Heffernan and Morrison, we'd need to bring in another 3 forwards Just can't see it myself, either Clinton or The Heff will stay and my money would be on Clinton

Guest GodsanOwl

If we can raise £200 per hour I can send a plane to collect him and deliver him to London.....any takers?