Palace fans want Clinton Back

Guest Sheff Owl

If it was from Palace to Wednesday I would, more likely to get first team football and going back to a club he was at when he was younger.

To be honest, I think it's naive to think that many modern footballers care about whether they are playing in the first team or not. Sad but probably a fact.

he's got 12 more months @ 12k per week. Unlikely to walk away for a paycut (would any of you?).

I notice in that article he said he'd been made a "flippin good offer".

But I'm not buying £12k a week in League One, we werent even paying that in the Championship.

Guest Big Guns

You just know if he does go he'd bang 20 in for them next year.

It's the Wednesday way.

not the clinton way he couldnt score in a brothel with a 50 pound note on his head, hes poo mate

I think we've just got to sit back and accept that this season has been a total disaster. Other than Mandaric rescuing us and possibly the signing of Madine, I'd argue that there hasn't been a single positive to take out of this season. It's been a disaster for the club and a disaster for inidividuals.

I like Clinton and despite some of his performances this season I still don't think he's a bad player. It's just not worked out for him this season. I think for Clinton and a few others, the situation has just proved too difficult. It's been hard enough being a supporter of Wednesday this season nevermind an employee.

Clinton will probably move on and do well elsewhere, and the absolute genuine best of luck to him if he does, but it's probably better for all parties if he does move on.

^^^

Clinton isn't a bad player, any other League 1 team would be desperate to have him in their team, yet some of us want him out asap. Can't fault some of the fans for thinking that because he hasn't performed this season - but it has been a total disaster and only Mandaric coming on board has made it remotely worth talking about.

I'd be disappointed if he went in the summer to be honest, I'd like to see him given a full pre-season under Megson and see how he starts the season off. But if Megson doesn't want him and he is one of the players who won't be playing then its best he does go.

Guest Saturday Owl

Not a bad player at all, scored a few goals in a bad side. But it'd be best if we both moved on.

Bring in a quick light footed Premiership youngster on loan in the form of a JET or Jay Simpson.

Then we have the pace up front alongside Madine/Hopefully Mellor.

We definitely do need that injection of pace up front, though I think there's always room in the squad for a clever player like Clinton It's odd that many would swap a player of his proven attributes and someone who is still capable of doing it at a higher level, for someone who has limited football ability, is unproven even at this level and who would cost us probably half our budget

Not a bad player at all, scored a few goals in a bad side. But it'd be best if we both moved on.

Bring in a quick light footed Premiership youngster on loan in the form of a JET or Jay Simpson.

Then we have the pace up front alongside Madine/Hopefully Mellor.

Jay Simpson who Hull last summer?

Guest Chenk

Well, no he isn't past it and he isn't poo .

On another point could someone please tell these Palace fans he's outside the ground now? I'm just on my way back.

Old, past it, poo and a pig

you never know he may come back better than ever next season, he hasnt exactly had the service but then again neither did Mellor.....so yeah I will pay for a limo to pull up behnd the cars what are cueing round Penistone Road ha ha ha.