Palace fans want Clinton Back

Guest Sheff Owl

I kept thinking it would turn around for him this season and the goals would consistently flow.

He's been a very good striker in his career, nobody can truly deny that but as we have with many players we seem to have got him too late.

Edited by CB31

I think we've just got to sit back and accept that this season has been a total disaster. Other than Mandaric rescuing us and possibly the signing of Madine, I'd argue that there hasn't been a single positive to take out of this season. It's been a disaster for the club and a disaster for inidividuals.

I like Clinton and despite some of his performances this season I still don't think he's a bad player. It's just not worked out for him this season. I think for Clinton and a few others, the situation has just proved too difficult. It's been hard enough being a supporter of Wednesday this season nevermind an employee.

Clinton will probably move on and do well elsewhere, and the absolute genuine best of luck to him if he does, but it's probably better for all parties if he does move on.

Guest Manwithastick

he's got 12 more months @ 12k per week. Unlikely to walk away for a paycut (would any of you?).

Had him and Mellor played together all season I reckon they would have scored nearly 50 goal between them That's no bad return in a struggling side with no midfield

A few people have been exaggerating his worth to us in the hope that Palace were listening, but I think you've gone too far now, they'll never buy that one!

he's got 12 more months @ 12k per week. Unlikely to walk away for a paycut (would any of you?).

Clinton is being paid 12k a week by us? Surely we're unlikely to tip 10kpw on any player any time soon.

Woud definitely be the "Good flipping offer" he boasts about in their fanzine though.

Is it that much of an exaggeration though? He played in perhaps 2 thirds of the games and they got 32 goals, not too unrealistic to imagine they'd have got another 16 between them No matter, he will probably move on, to a club in a higher league than us Personally I'd like him to stay as he offers something different from Madine. I do find it odd that we already have a player with his talent and yet people are suggesting we trade that for the likes of ALF

Guest TonyOwl88

I don't think it matters who is interested. He reckons he's going. From what he said, we won't be trying to keep him.

Guest Sheff Owl

** pulls in my car behind yours in case it breaks down

:laugh:

I'm sure there is other people ready to pull in behind you just in case...

The RAC, AA, Green Flag etc...better get them called too.. :biggrin:

seemed to strike a decent partnership with mellor, before the season fell over (i dont blame the strikers for that).

would be interesting to see what they could have done with some actual service. if he knuckles down and tows the megson line, and we provide some decent opportuinities, i still think hes a useful player in this league.