Giles Coke

Is he injured or just totally out of favor with Megson?

Started off the season in great form, got injured and hasn't been at his best but surely he is a better option than JOC and Potter!

Megson said there are players that just can't cut it here, do you think he could include Coke in this?

Guest Sheff Owl

I like Coke but can't see a future here for him - sad really.

I guess he is just out of favour, Megson said a couple of weeks ago regarding Coke when he was playing he did not follow instructions well something like that.

It's strange far better player than Teale, Sedgwick or Potter yet they are involved in some capacity.

It's strange what's happening with M Morrison and Reynolds too.

I guess over next few days we will find out for sure what's going on.

Guest Big Guns

hes a decent player was the only one who played ok under irvines reign cant understand why hes gone down hill ,but even playing bad hes better than them 2 flippingclowns

Seems clear that Megson doesn't rate him, really can't understand why, he's probably our best midfielder.

An ideal partner for O'Connor as he's got the legs to get up and down, and we've seen he can score a few crackers from outside the box. Would be useful as even a squad player.

GM better be bringing in a good replacement if Coke is to be let go, in fact we'd probably need 2 new CMs (Potter nor Miller worth keeping imo).

Has thought to of fallen out with Megson after the walsall game due to being played out of position. Thought it had been resolved but by the looks of things it hasn't.

It's the one thing I am not happy with Megson about.

It's a waste of a good midfielder in my eyes...obviously Megson doesn't rate him above JOC. Miller or Potter....which is quite strange in my opinion.

Playing him as a winger is not fair on the lad.

From what I can see is Megson knows without JJ we have ZERO pace, the only other players who have pace are both Coke and Jones. As a result Megson has tried them both on the wings to see if we can play without JJ and still have pace. Obviously Coke and Jones arn't natural wingers and as a result have told Megson this and have fallen out over it.

From what I can see is Megson knows without JJ we have ZERO pace, the only other players who have pace are both Coke and Jones. As a result Megson has tried them both on the wings to see if we can play without JJ and still have pace. Obviously Coke and Jones arn't natural wingers and as a result have told Megson this and have fallen out over it.

Thing is you can have pace in the MIDDLE of the park too, and Coke has that.

We need a good box to box midfielder for next season if Coke's gone.

Thing is you can have pace in the MIDDLE of the park too, and Coke has that.

We need a good box to box midfielder for next season if Coke's gone.

I agree but obviously megson doesn't, now I'm being told that he's not part of megson's plans and will be on transfer list...

And Potter's amazing? Hence the reason he's got a CV that includes LIverpool, Southampton and Wolves?

Liverpool reserves, Wolves now and again. Can't recall him playing for Southampton.

I don't rate Potter either, but at least he puts his foot on the ball and looks up now and again.

Guest totemowl

It's sad but most managers - especially successful managers - think players can be played out of position. Some Wednesday fans however, believe this causes said players to spit their dummies out.

Guest totemowl

I agree but obviously megson doesn't, now I'm being told that he's not part of megson's plans and will be on transfer list...

Bloody hell. This is a fast moving story. Who's your source?

I can see why he has fallen from favour as he is hit and miss, but I think its too early to get shut. Im baffled that the likes of Potter get a game ahead of Palmer and Coke.

Plus Coke gets shifted out wide, for me he has scored goals, even under Megson (i.e plymouth?) and had chances to score more from midfield but hasnt really been given a real good chance, just the odd half here and there.