Strangest places you've met fellow Owls ?

Not a very good Title but i couldnt find words for what i ment to say haha !

So basically, where is the strangest place someone has either recognised your SWFC shirt, or you have seen a fellow owl or had a wednesday conversation etc ...

For me it was when I was on holiday in Cuba about 5 years ago, sat round the pool and a bloke in a wednesday shirt walked past. When i went to the next home game it turns out he sits about 20 seats away on the Kop.

Also once in Tobago i think it was, one of the locals with dreadlocks and all that walked past on the beach with a ball under his arm with the Chuppa Chups shirt on ... that was quality !

Geezer in Cornwall last week shouted UP THE OWLS out of his car window at me aswell which was abit bizarre :laugh:

So what stories have you got ? Im sure there must be loads, we get everywhere us Wednesdayites !

Edited by Eaton_Swfc

Guest Big Guns

not a strange place but went to Marseille in 2006 and loads seem to love weds cos of the waddle connection

My wife was shopping in Henry Bendall Dept Store in New York...started talking to an Assistant who explained her husband was from England....Sheffiedl.....and yes...she asked..and yes he was an avid Wednesday fan and was pretty sure he frequented message boards such as Owlstalk...soooooooooooooooooooo...anyone out there got a wife who works in New York :-)

Wembley 28th October American Football match.

Was coming back from getting my programme to sit in my seat, and about 20 rows down 2 lads spotted my Orange Wednesday shirt and started shouted "WEDNESDAY" I looked so i nodded and they turned round and called me a miserable f*cker, :angry:

The other time i was in Redcar on holiday with my ex, so me my ex, her sister and sisters fiance walking through found a football store so bloke asked who we support My ex said Liverpool, my ex's sister said Man Utd and my ex's sisters finace said Leeds, then he turns to me and my ex said crappy Wednesday and stall blaoke goes "wayyyy another one" and when we walked off my ex turned round and said "can't believe in all the places you've found a fan of them" :laugh:

Not a very good Title but i couldnt find words for what i ment to say haha !

So basically, where is the strangest place someone has either recognised your SWFC shirt, or you have seen a fellow owl or had a wednesday conversation etc ...

For me it was when I was on holiday in Cuba about 5 years ago, sat round the pool and a bloke in a wednesday shirt walked past. When i went to the next home game it turns out he sits about 20 seats away on the Kop.

Also once in Tobago i think it was, one of the locals with dreadlocks and all that walked past on the beach with a ball under his arm with the Chuppa Chups shirt on ... that was quality !

Geezer in Cornwall last week shouted UP THE OWLS out of his car window at me aswell which was abit bizarre :laugh:

So what stories have you got ? Im sure there must be loads, we get everywhere us Wednesdayites !

If he had a beard, and looked in his late sixties, that could be my old man, he lives in that part of the world, and he used to always greet people with "Up the Owls"

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Wembley 28th October American Football match.

Was coming back from getting my programme to sit in my seat, and about 20 rows down 2 lads spotted my Orange Wednesday shirt and started shouted "WEDNESDAY" I looked so i nodded and they turned round and called me a miserable f*cker, :angry:

The other time i was in Redcar on holiday with my ex, so me my ex, her sister and sisters fiance walking through found a football store so bloke asked who we support My ex said Liverpool, my ex's sister said Man Utd and my ex's sisters finace said Leeds, then he turns to me and my ex said crappy Wednesday and stall blaoke goes "wayyyy another one" and when we walked off my ex turned round and said "can't believe in all the places you've found a fan of them" :laugh:

Whats your team prediction for tomorrow?

Seen plenty of Owls everywhere I've been on holiday, but perhaps the most random was when wandering around the hills above Lake Tahoe in northern California, where there was hardly anyone about at all until a car suddenly pulled up and a bunch of Wednesdayites got out

Strangest was probably when I came out of a toilet "tent" in the middle of the Namib Desert only to see a lass standing there waiting to go in, wearing a Wednesday shirt!

Met a few Wednesdayites on my travels though. Had beer bought me in a bar in Brooklyn when I walked in with my Wednesday shirt on one night. A South African taxi driver in Sydney had an Owl tattooed on his neck (he had a red and white pig hanging from his rearview mirror) although he was very weird. :ph34r: I met loads of Wednesday fans in Brisbane and Melbourne too. Last year in California, I was overtaken by a car with a reg plate of SWFCOWL or summat and it had a Wednesday badge on the rear window. A bloke running a bar in Seattle last year whose hero was John Harkes and he had supported us since the 93 final. Got a lot of free drinks that night too. God bless The Wednesday. Top of the CN Tower in Toronto years ago I'd just walked past Lolo Ferrari (Google her, but not at work...) and was still in shock, when I saw a slightly smaller pair of knockers albeit with a Wednesday shirt on them. She was hawt.

My favourite has to be a room service dude in Monte Carlo hotel in Las Vegas. He lived locally but had moved there from Costa Rica. He refused my tip on seeing my Wednesday shirt lying on the settee and saying "seeing that again is thanks enough buddy" and then showing me his Owl pendant! Made my flipping day that did! :biggrin:

I was walking down the Vegas strip in August on holiday and had the Wednesday shirt on.

An Australian bloke with his missus stopped me and asked for a photo with me, as his mate back in Aus wouldn't believe a Wednesdayite was there.

Genius, we get all over lol

In Niagara last July, walking to the Falls, and asI walked past Boston Pizza, I heard a voice say "fookin' hell, we get everywhere. I know of a rabid Wednesdayite in Djakarta, my nephew who's from Crookes, but has lived in Indonesia for the past few years, and I also know a few in S W Turkey.

Guest stan91

In a car crash in Newcastle. A bloke crashed into me on a main road a wrote is car off, luckily mine wasn't to bad, as I was stood looking at his wrecked car a noticed a SWFC sticker on the rear window! I wasn't as angry once i noticed that!