Walsall v Sheff Wed - Official Match Day Thread

Aye, Madine made up for that woeful freekick with that header downwards that bounced all the way over! lol

Walsall were good in patches, but we were better. Think Jones went off with his hamstring according to my mate. Still Johnson had a good game and we really bossed it at times. Next season should be good!

Laird is on loan from Millwall but it seems his contract runs out in June:

League One side Walsall have signed Millwall midfielder Marc Laird on loan until the end of the season.

The 25-year-old Scot, who started his career at Manchester City, joined the Lions in 2008 on a free transfer.

He signed a one-year contract extension in June but was loaned out to Brentford in January after struggling for a first-team place.

Millwall will have a 24-hour recall clause which can be activated after 28 days have passed.

Walsall boss Dean Smith told the club website: "Marc is a player I've been aware of since his days as a youngster at Manchester City.

"He has always impressed me and when I saw him play for Brentford earlier this year, he once more put in an impressive performance.

"He's an energetic, box-to-box midfielder who will be a welcome addition to our squad."

Weve only been back an hour or so my feckin' car broke down so I've not trawled the thread but here goes...

The game as a whole was crap. When we play 2 big blokes up front we just try to hit them missing out the midfield completely. They were very quiet today. I think a draw was about a fair result, they absolutely paggered us for the 1st 20 mins or so but once we got back into the game we evened it out. Yes we could have won it (Madine) but lets face it the goal Mellor got was crap so things balance out. We never looked like losing once we'd scored so thats a plus. Decent performances all over the park but they were completely outshone by Walsalls No26 Laird. He was involved in everything and how Macken got MOM for them is beyond me. We should look at signing Laird he was the best player on the field and (unless i was hearing things) had Wednesday fans singing 'Hes here, hes there, hes every fookin' where 26.....26'Safe now and time to look on to next season....get Laird signed !

:blink::blink::blink:

We should look at signing Laird he was the best player on the field and (unless i was hearing things) had Wednesday fans singing 'Hes here, hes there, hes every fookin' where 26.....26'

Safe now and time to look on to next season....get Laird signed !

Do you think they might have been singing empty seats?

:biggrin:

Marc Laird did get noticed and plenty of plaudits from those around us though.

I was in the upper tier opposite and the Walsall fans really don't like that baldy they had in the middle of the midfield (the one who spent most of the first ten minutes arguing with the ref about every bloody decision and the other eighty giving the ball back to us).

I was in the upper tier opposite and the Walsall fans really don't like that baldy they had in the middle of the midfield (the one who spent most of the first ten minutes arguing with the ref about every bloody decision and the other eighty giving the ball back to us).

Matt Richards...

I was sat in the Floors 2 Go stand with the Walsall fans too. Best mate is a Walsall season ticket holder, so a bit rude of me not to take him up on the invitation, and he bought me my ticket! :)

Matt Richards...

I was sat in the Floors 2 Go stand with the Walsall fans too. Best mate is a Walsall season ticket holder, so a bit rude of me not to take him up on the invitation, and he bought me my ticket! :)

Didn't a few of us want to sign him at one point....