Megson fined

© OS

Owls boss fined

Posted on: Thu 21 Apr 2011

Sheffield Wednesday manager gary megson was fined and warned over his future conduct at an FA regulatory commission on Thursday.

Megson was charged with Improper Conduct relating to media comments made following the Owls' League 1 game at Dagenham & Redbridge on 26 March.

Having admitted the charge and requested a personal hearing, Megson was warned and fined the sum of £2,000.

Someone posting in this thread has a dodgy avatar or signature or something, I'm getting malware warnings from Google coming in here. I just changed to the mobile skin so it doesn't load them and it let me in fine.

The warning links back to www.tucoo.com, so does someone have their avatar hosted from that server or something?

Someone posting in this thread has a dodgy avatar or signature or something, I'm getting malware warnings from Google coming in here. I just changed to the mobile skin so it doesn't load them and it let me in fine.

The warning links back to www.tucoo.com, so does someone have their avatar hosted from that server or something?

This should hopefully be resolved now so I've reopened this thread, but if anyone has any further problems, please let us know.

Cheers.

It was a valid complaint that Megson had, surely.

Just voiced it in the wrong manner.

I think the fact he has only been fined (not even a suspended touchline ban), and the fact that the referee on the day (Steve Rushton) was shoved down to League 2 for a month probably suggests the FA sympathised to an extent with Megson's criticism.

Guest Distraught!

I think the fact he has only been fined (not even a suspended touchline ban), and the fact that the referee on the day (Steve Rushton) was shoved down to League 2 for a month probably suggests the FA sympathised to an extent with Megson's criticism.

Interesting idea!

I can imagine that for a Premier League referee to have his status reduced to a Championship level referee would be quite a blow because all the razzmatazz crap and money attached with everything to do with the PL. But I cannot imagine being reduced from a League 1 to a League 2 referee for a month would be too much of a blow for anybody. Going from reffing matches at Dagenham & Redbridge, Yeovil and Exeter to reffing matches at Macclesfield, Hereford and Rotherham is not such a blot on a CV!