Ross Hannah

Guest foreverSWFC

Seem him play for Matlock on a number of occassions and he is real quality, don't think he'd make the step to league one though.

Seem him play for Matlock on a number of occassions and he is real quality, don't think he'd make the step to league one though.

a number of non league players should be worth looking at...

i get sick of hearing when watching some of the lower league games on tv, just how many decent, and better players have been recruited from non league...

we're very slow off the mark on this footing, but that's true on more than this one subject...

Guest Handsworth_Owl

Sounds like he's got a good goal scoring record, 80 odd goals in 2 seasons is impressive even is it's in the non league's.. I'd give him a 2 year contract, you just have to look at kevin phillips, he came into the pro game later on in his career and ended up being one of the top prem goal scorers to date.

It's the quality of the goals rather than the quantity that I'd look at in the non-league, I'm sure plenty of strikers could get 50 goals in a team that created 10 chances every game for him. Sounds like that isn't a problem though, coming from his manager: " I have never known a player who scores so many spectacular goals."

If only we had a scouting system, we might have a chance of actually being able to see if he was good enough for a gamble :biggrin:

Guest MICHAEL GOLLAND

I have seen Ross play quite a few times.

He likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender, always looking to get in behind the defence. He is quick, good a sweet left foot and never afraid to have a shot at goal, hence why he has scored so many spectacular goals. Also, he has got fantastic work rate and never stops running. Defiantly fits the type of player where looking for, obviously though, there is a massive difference between League One and the Evo Stik League.

Defiantly worth giving him a trail!

I have seen Ross play quite a few times.

He likes to play on the shoulder of the last defender, always looking to get in behind the defence. He is quick, good a sweet left foot and never afraid to have a shot at goal, hence why he has scored so many spectacular goals. Also, he has got fantastic work rate and never stops running. Defiantly fits the type of player where looking for, obviously though, there is a massive difference between League One and the Evo Stik League.

Defiantly worth giving him a trail!

6 years to make your first post? Why this thread?

Hmmm.....

Hi Ross :biggrin:

Guest MICHAEL GOLLAND

6 years to make your first post? Why this thread?

Hmmm.....

Hi Ross :biggrin:

lol haha, very old account mate, my other one went t*ts up...promise :ph34r:

What have we got to lose by giving the lad a trial?

Absolutely nothing and he is a Wednesday fan.

My Dad has been involved with Matlock Town for over ten years as Physio. I sent Lee Strafford a message when he was here asking what harm could it do having a look at him, his exact response was "our scouting network picks up on these types of players" , which is strange because according to Megson/Mandaric we didn't have a scout.